Author Topic: Lost...  (Read 2382 times)

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
Lost...
« on: September 20, 2007, 07:26:10 PM »
So, up until a few weeks ago, I had only seen a few minutes (here and there spattered across three seasons) of this show and thought from what I saw that it looked pretty cheesy.  But, a friend of mine finally talked me into watching the thing.  And I have to say, at this point (three discs into the first season) that it's quite intriguing.  There are apparently loads of people that love this show, and I found a few old threads in this forum about it, but nothing very recent.  Was just curious what people thought of it.  Is it worth watching?  If it keeps going like it has been (which, granted, has not been for very long from my perspective) I think that I'll probably get pretty into it.  Any opinions?  Third season is apparently coming out on DVD in December or some such.  And the fourth season starts in January.  Is there anyone out there like me that hasn't watched this yet?  And if so, why not?  What's keeping you away?  Just curious.  Later all.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Lost...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:27:10 PM »
It's my impression most people on the board watch and enjoy the show with varying levels of frustration at it's meandering plot

I'm not most people. I don't hate Lost, I just watched the first episode and at the end I didn't care at all what happened next. I can overlook the extremely silly things that happened, but it was the fact that I was going to be watching it for no other reason than everyone else was that made me stop. There were better things to do with my time.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:41:01 PM »
I watched the first season religiously, watched the second season whenever I could find time for it, and briefly thought about watching the third - but decided it wasn't worth it.  It lost my attention pretty quickly there in the second, but I still know people who really love it.

As for me now, I am like dan, not really interested to know if they make if off the island or not.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 03:50:57 AM »
Oh, but they... *ahem* Okay, I won't spoil it for you. I wasn't too thrilled with most of Season III. (I wanted to post more comments as the season unfolded but other demands on my time got in the way.)

Anyhow, with this past season, it seemed as though they were trying to introduce more characters here and there without tying up some far more important narrative threads. One or two episodes told some interesting, even darkly hilarious, stories without really advancing the main story of the island's survivors. That's what we call pointless  "delay" rather than an all-important "complication." Beware the delays that seem like complications! (I learned that in EUOL's class. ;))

And I have to say that I really dislike how Jack has evolved when we see him last. That's all I'll say, but I am definitely going to watch the next season--though with perhaps a more jaded set of expectations. I'm very curious to see where they will go based on where the characters are. Sorry that's so vague, but if you haven't seen the entire season, I didn't want to give it away.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 03:52:33 AM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT