Author Topic: Burning Crusade  (Read 12705 times)

Tjaeden

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Burning Crusade
« on: February 13, 2007, 08:19:59 PM »
Haven't seen much WoW news/reviews on these forums in a while.

Anyone been playing the Burning Crusade?  (World of Warraft, 1st expansion)

I have found that the expansion not only built on what made WoW good, but the enhanced zone terrain graphics, the new PvP objectives, and the expanded crafting really made this game go beyond my expectations.  I know other games may look prettier (GuildWars is nice) but the playability and the sheer number of things to do in BC is amazing.  My only regret is that once a player passes the level limit of the original world, the only reason to go back is for the Auction House and the Trainer (and you don't need them at max level).

So, anyone else play? If so, send me a tell - Tjaeden (70 Human Mage-Allaince) on Burning Blade (PvP Server)
Oh, and "WTB [Spellcloth]!"

Happy Gaming!
Once I dreamt of death /
now it dreams of me,
And only rats and rotting flesh /
can hear my silent plea...

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Burning Crusade
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 08:44:28 PM »
The people on the site that play WoW don't come to this site anymore because that's all they do (not kidding on this either) so WoW doesn't garner much talk outside of people getting made fun of for playing it too much.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:24:49 PM »
News flash: Spriggan is prone to hyperbole, and should never be taken seriously.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 11:05:58 PM »
I have the expansion, but I got it for the new races and haven't had time to make a new character due to the fact that school is coming to midterm and final time, depending on which class you ask me about ;) I do have a level 27 Nightelf Druid that I play in Tanaris. I don't know if anyone else is on there, but that is the one that I play on. The character's name is Sarlara, if anyone else is in this realm.

As for not having time to post here, well, you see that I do at least part of my time ;) However, not nearly as much as I could if I didn't play WoW, but, then I don't alway play WoW for as long as I want to either due to reality breaking in too much. :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 01:24:59 AM »
I actually posted a lot more back when I played WoW, for some reason...these days I don't have much time for either, I guess.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 01:30:37 AM »
I play very sparingly right now.  I check the auctions, I do a little crafting, and that's about it.  Too much to do with school and writing, but once the semester ends, I'd like to pick it up for a bit again.

Tjaeden

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »
Sorry if I touched a nerve there Spriggan  :-\

I'm still kind of new to the forums - just making small talk, as they say.

Umm...  *thinks of other video games*  How about the Soulcalibur II vs Soulcalibur III debate?  Or how FFXII fell victem to the MMO's on PCs and copied FFXI to the console?  Is the Civ4 engine really that much better than CivIII?

That's all I can think of.   :)
Once I dreamt of death /
now it dreams of me,

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 08:29:15 PM »
Perhaps someday I'll do the upgrade, but seeing as how I just started playing WoW in December, there's a bunch I want to do before I'm bored enough to buy the expansion.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »
Umm, Sprig's criticism is true of me. It's not so much that I don't post because I'm too busy playing WoW, but that I don't have anything interesting to say because all I do is play WoW (and watch Netflix and cross-stitch and mother my two kids, not very interesting).

I've got a few 60+s on Tichcondrius, Alliance. I've also got a BE and Dra on Nordrassil (yay for normal servers!!!).

I like BC, but given how quickly raid gear has been replaced, it makes me kind of sad. I really have little desire to raid anymore.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 07:56:32 PM »
I have Burning Crusade now, and immediately respecced back into Dual Weild Fury, and then immediately found an awesome two-handed polearm that tempts me back into Arms and Mortal Strike. I will say this, though: the new Fury talents are great, and Rampage is awesome. And Warriors seem to have better rage generation these days, but that might just be the relief of being Dual Wield again.

I made a Blood Elf mage named Kareyla. Yes, she's a girl--the Blood Elf guys all looked pretty femmy anyway, so I decided to at least have a cute one.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 07:24:27 AM »
Fell, that is such wonderful logic :) Truly inspired. lol

Tjaeden

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 01:28:46 PM »
I could never get a warrior past 30.  But then I leveled a rogue, and he was 60 in no time.  To be an effective warrior - you really have to master those stances.  And besides druids, I think warriors have too many abilities!  Just way to much to choose from.  I mainly wanted a warrior so I could tank (I love that), but I have a protection paladin that does the job just as good (if not better in situational fights).

Currently, I'm doing 10 man raids and Heroics on my mage.  Hit over +1000 damage last night! 

Once I dreamt of death /
now it dreams of me,

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 07:40:01 PM »
My druid is now level 34, but not leveling as quickly as I would like. This is, however, mainly due to the fact that until today I haven't had the time to truly spend playing due to the fact that I was trying to pass my college classes this quarter. :) Now that I am done though, well, I should have some free time to work on getting my character's levels up.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 09:54:43 PM »
Tage and Fell, I should be on tonight after 10, if you want to do that dungeon.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 10:28:56 PM »
D&D is tonight so if they're on it won't be until after midnight.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.