Author Topic: BS.com Blog Entry Feb 6  (Read 3199 times)

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
BS.com Blog Entry Feb 6
« on: February 08, 2007, 08:47:10 PM »
Brandon, I want to know what the voicemail says! That's so cruel to post that without saying what the voicemail says! Erg!!!!

Penalty point for using too many exclamation points.

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
Re: BS.com Blog Entry Feb 6
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:46:05 PM »
I agree with Tink, we HAVE to know! Please?!?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 07:18:06 PM »
Its dang funny if you know my mother personally but if you don't know her then not so much.  I think EUOL doesn't want to get that personal in his blog either or on this forum.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:44:34 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 08:25:13 PM »
It's okay here.  But, as Sprig said, you have to understand my Mom to even get the joke.   She is way conservative.  I mean it.  She's just about as 'red state' as they get.  She can barely watch a Democrat on TV without smoke beginning to rise from her ears.  And Hilary Clinton...well, she's like my mom's version of an anti-Christ.

So, that's why it's so funny that my father changed her answering message to say something like "Thank you for calling Hilary Clinton's Idaho campaign headquarters.  Barb Sanderson, her campaign manager, is out recruiting votes!  Please leave a message."  The  best part is that my mother still doesn't know. 
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

DragonFly

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 10:47:21 PM »
That is laugh out loud funny!  It sounds like my husband would match your mother idea for idea--and our 18 year old son is a dyed-in-the-wool-anti-Bush Democrat, and as passionate as only a teen-ager can be, so you can imagine what the conversations in our house are like. Let alone all the smoking that was going on during the recent elections with all the Democratic candidates calling and leaving messages on our phone!
Work is like fertilizer in that I'm very glad it exists--I just don't ever want to get stuck in it
(Lightsong in Warbreaker)

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 10:12:30 AM »
Oh my gosh! Thanks for sharing, that truly is priceless :)

Dragonfly, your house sounds like my dad and my grandmother come election time. I just kind of pretend to be a fly on the wall and watch it unfold around me. Not much else really to do, but at least she doesn't get the phone calls for him anymore.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 08:48:52 PM »
It's okay here.  But, as Sprig said, you have to understand my Mom to even get the joke.   She is way conservative.  I mean it.  She's just about as 'red state' as they get.  She can barely watch a Democrat on TV without smoke beginning to rise from her ears.  And Hilary Clinton...well, she's like my mom's version of an anti-Christ.

So, that's why it's so funny that my father changed her answering message to say something like "Thank you for calling Hilary Clinton's Idaho campaign headquarters.  Barb Sanderson, her campaign manager, is out recruiting votes!  Please leave a message."  The  best part is that my mother still doesn't know. 

Thanks for being willing to share, EUOL. That's pretty funny! You'll have to tell us how your mom reacts when she finds out!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 09:20:54 PM »
She flipped out.  It was awesome.  She didn’t' 'get' the joke at all, she was simply furious.  She stalked over to me and said "You have to change this now, otherwise I'm just going to unplug the phone!"

Once it was changed, however, she did cool down a bit and admit it was 'kind of' funny.  My father always does stuff like that.  Once, when she had a new job and nobody knew her--or him--very well, he called to talk to her.  Her coworker answered the phone, and said she wasn't there.  The coworker asked if he wanted to leave a message, and he said "Just tell her that her parole officer called."  The woman was so embarrassed, and was very uncomfortable when she told mom that her parole officer wanted to talk to her. 
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 11:38:54 PM »
This explains a lot about your family.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 12:22:11 AM »
Ya, it does explain why we're so perfectly awesome.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 06:30:20 AM »
Parole officer. Hahahahahahah. Whew.

That's even better than the Hilary Clinton HQ gag. Hehe. Must...stop...chuckling.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT