Author Topic: review: Cityscape  (Read 2496 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
review: Cityscape
« on: January 19, 2007, 04:30:26 PM »
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 04:32:59 PM by Nessa »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: review: Cityscape
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 11:22:03 PM »
Rhu-ro, looks like someone didn't proof a Spriggan article before posting it.  Even I know that's crazy.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 11:49:15 PM »
Hey! I did proof it. I'm just out of practice. Being a stay-at-home-mom isn't generally stimulating, grammatically speaking. If someone else wants to proof it, be my guest. I'm off to Mexico....
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 02:39:41 AM »
I think this should stay, though:
The sadist thing about Cityscape
This relatively minor typo changes the review from being about a book that just isn't written or put together well to one that was done that way intentionally, for the purpose of causing the reader pain. And that's a writing philosophy I can get behind. ;D
I'll definitely check out Sharn, though. I agree that a campaign set solely in one city would be fascinating, and well worth playing or running.
And I could use some more bland and uninspiring music.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 02:43:06 AM by Abominable Harbinger »
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder