Author Topic: review: Bone  (Read 2130 times)

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
Re: review: Bone
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:02:48 PM »
I really enjoyed this comic, though I agree that the end was kind of  weak.  That makes more sense now, knowing that it was written over ten years.  My favorite part, thought, was the two rat creatures.  "Stupid, stupid rat creatures!"
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 04:33:04 PM »
So what are the other 9 comics of our times, if I may ask? I haven't gotten my copy of this in yet. I'm really excited about it though. I remember reading some of these and really liking them. I find myself getting more and more into comics and less into novels, muchtodo the fantasy and sci-fi ones that I love so much. There's just something about the comic genre that draws me to it.

Of course, much to Brandon's chagrin =P, poetry will always be my foremost art of writing. Sorry fellas, but my love is taken. Ladies, I'm all yours though. ;)
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Rukloph

• Level 2
  • ^^ Here's My Latin Excahnge Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 05:55:21 PM »
is it me, or this the title slightly sexually orientated.
Funkalicious,
Ruklin

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 02:26:07 PM »
It's you. No one else. *Just* you.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 02:01:52 AM »
Ok, I've just finished this and I don't think I agree with the point about the three main characters (the Bones') arcs being weak.

You get the feeling that Fone Bone is indeed the brotherly bone, trying to keep everyone together and level-headed, while Phoney Bone is out trying to get rich quick and back home to Boneville just as quickly. And then Smiley Bone is just a happy-go-lucky guy, but we also see that at times he can be very serious and does have a heart. Also, Phoney is seen at times as a caring Bone who's just trying to look out for his cousins.

And that's what this is mostly boiled down into. A small family of orphans who've gotten lost and into some kind of great big epic fantasy tale that they don't really need to be a part of.

Yes, there are certain constraints that the artist and writer are bogged with in the comic, but there are also boundless possibilities that they can achieve as well.

Oh yes, EUOL, did you, a writer, spell "albeit" incorrectly? =P
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo