Author Topic: Character Descriptions  (Read 18838 times)

Tjaeden

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Character Descriptions
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 03:29:34 AM »
Hey, Archon - you were are in no way the "Archon" mentioned by my background.

Unless that was *your* daughter at that party last weekend...

:P
Once I dreamt of death /
now it dreams of me,
And only rats and rotting flesh /
can hear my silent plea...

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 10:30:23 PM »
User Name: Archon
Character Name: Solon
Race: Illumans
Strengths: Offensive Barrier (2), Incorporeal form (3), Psychic (2), Quick (1), Smart (2)
Weaknesses: Guardian (3), Rival (3), Poor (3), Arrogant (2)
History: Archon was used to living in privilege and wealth for most of his life. In the Illumans culture, his family was a part of the aristocracy, so that when Archon grew up, he would take his father’s place as a minor lord. He married, and soon his wife gave birth to a daughter, Athala. For years, they lived happily together as a family, until one day a messenger arrived at their castle. A higher lord had requested Athala’s hand in marriage. As per Illumans culture, it was not within Athala’s or Archon’s power to deny a more powerful lord his choice of bride, and soon, the arrangements were made. However, the night before the wedding was to take place, Athala was seduced by a human shapeshifter named Keating, who took advantage of her apprehension and uncertainty. When the higher lord learned of his fiancee’s indiscretion, he flew into a rage, demanding that she be killed for this grievous insult to his honor. Archon stood up to him, throwing the lord out of his castle. The lord would later return with a sizable army to take the castle by force. Before laying waste to his castle, he would formally strip Archon of both his title, and his name. Archon somehow managed to rescue himself and his daughter from the assault of the castle, but, to his eternal grief, his wife was lost in the flames. Now penniless and devoid of title, and even stripped of his name, the man now called Solon seeks to regain his honor, and to be able to provide for himself and his daughter.
Appearance: Solon’s face is pale and grim, as one who has seen troubled times, but is still determined to carry on. A halo of glowing runes rotates around his head, casting a deep blue light over his features.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 09:41:53 PM »
Name: Esmerelda Safire
Race: Halfling
Position: Reconnaisance Gypsy
Personality: See below
Abilities: Ms. Safire is beautiful and slightly devious, as all gypsies ought to be. And because she's a gypsy, she's has a special talent for putting curses on people. She is a stealthy halfling, despite her over-large feet. Cooking is another talent of hers.
Also, sometimes she even has psychic flashes, picking up on what other people are planning. This lends her a sixth sense in some situations. But the really cool thing about Ms. Safire is that she knows martial arts. A halfling who can busta ninja move? You betcha.
Weaknesses: Overly whimsical and impulsive, with a shorter temper, Ms. Safire has a big crush on someone in the office--who seems oblivious. Young for a halfling, Ms. Safire adores shiny items of value like jewlery and cute furry animals (no, not dwarves--furry, yes; cute, not so much). Oh, and she dresses a little too flashy for the job at times. Bell-studded skirts are cool, but not when you're on reconnaisance. Lastly, she is extremely afraid of dust bunnies, dragons, and centaurs.
Appearance: typically short for a halfling, but her hands are rather slender for those of her kind. Her hair is a sandy blonde with spritely curls. Her eyes are a becoming shade of green, which is why her parents named her Esmerelda.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »
Display Name: Miyabi

Character Name: Miyabi

Race: Zora. -A humanoid creature with light blueish white skin.  They have fins that come from the outside edge of either forearm and small fins that come out of their hips.  The back of their head extends out to a dolphin like tail.-

Skills, abilities, talents:  Fin-boomerang/dagger -  Miyabi has the ability to detach the fins from his hips and use them as weapons.  Primarily he uses them in two ways.  One, he holds them in either hand, using them as one might use a pair of daggers.  Two, they can be thrown, much like boomerangs in order to affect things at a long distance.

Hold breath/swim - Being Zora, Miyabi can hold his breath for extremely long periods of time.  He can also swim at extraordinary speeds.

Flaws, weaknesses, foibles: Overzealous - Miyabi has a very bad habit of becoming overzealous and reacting without thinking.  This often causes him to get into trouble, or get the entire group into trouble if he causes something bad to happen.

Heat - Miyabi dehydrates really quickly if it gets to hot.  His body begins to dry and crack, causing him massive amounts of pain if this happens.

Trusting - Miyabi can be over trusting in people.  If your a smooth talker, you have him right in your pocket.

History:  Miyabi had had a very gifted childhood.  His family was wealthy, he went to private schools, he was an only child, his parents never got divorced, but there was something missing.  He felt that there was something out there that was better than all of this mundaneness, more that the materialisticness of his family.  He didn't resent them for the way they were, they were just a product of society, but he thought he could be better than that.  So, he gave it all up.

He left them with not more than a note that read :
Don't be sad that I'm gone.  I'm going to find a higher purpose, something better, something more substantial than all of this.  I don't expect you to understand.  I will come back some day.
Miyabi

Until recently, he spent his time traveling.  He owns not more than that which he caries on himself, which is never more than a few dollars he picked up here or there panhandling.   While sitting at a coffee shop one day, he heard about an organization called S.N.E.A.K.S.  He didn't think this is what he had set out to look for, but for now he figured, it would suit him well.

Miyabi has been in S.N.E.A.K.S. for a week or so now, and is beginning to enjoy himself.

Personality: Around strangers - Miyabi is rude and very opinionated to people he doesn't know.   He can't just say what he thinks and drop it, he has to prove himself right, even if he knows he's wrong.  There are even often times where he will argue against somethign that he personally believes, just to start up an argument with some stranger.

Around friends - Miyabi is a bit more reserved, taking in what they say and really taking the time to think about it before responding.  He enjoys to laugh and to make his friends laugh.  He is often time the lifeblood of the humor within a group of friends. 

Appearance:

オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
I'm afraid this game is quite dead, Miyabi.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 11:44:52 PM »
So he realized on July 7, 2008.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!