Author Topic: Grumpy things go here  (Read 29861 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Grumpy things go here
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2005, 01:38:57 AM »
Speaking of kids, there were an inordinate number in my singles' ward today. One of the counselors had a baby bless, and their family came for it--they made up half the congregation (my ward's pretty small).

Not a grumpy thing (actually rather a happy thing, so many cute babies and toddlers), but it followed from the discussion of kids.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2005, 02:42:49 AM »
I'm only mildly grumpy today, but I am really posting for my ferret. My ferret seems grumpy today, probably because I keep seperating her from her one true love -- the trash can.

What a cruel owner you are, separating your ferret from her true love!

I read something by Shakespeare about this. It can only end in pain.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2005, 07:16:09 PM »
I read something by Shakespeare about this. It can only end in pain.

Thats pretty unspecific. According to shakespeare, everything either ends bad or makes for good comedy that ends bad.

He was right though :/
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2005, 04:00:57 AM »
I guess I should've been more specific. By talking about an authority with power and control (like a parent) keeping his charge from her "true love" and then mentioning it ending in pain, I was alluding to Romeo and Juliet.

You see, in the American school system, *every teenager* has read and discussed Romeo and Juliet, so I thought I could allude to it without name. But Shakespeare was quite prolific--I'll be more specific from now on. ;)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2005, 04:04:32 AM »
MsFish,
Do you remember how clean the kitchen was yesterday when you came over to my apartment? Remember, and weep with me for the loss of cleanliness.  :'(

I remember, and I weep with you. :'(
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2005, 03:08:55 AM »
I think I'm getting a cold. My throat is sore and I feel all achy all over. I would not be surprised if it's because of the tooth problem (long roots, infections, could have leaked into sinuses...). I'm going to an oral surgeon tomorrow to follow up on the horrible dentist. Let's hope he'll ensure that anything that went wrong is corrected.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2005, 04:22:11 AM »
Sorry you're not feeling well, stacer. I'm sending a big sympathy hug your way, from Provo to Seattle.  :D

I'm grumpy because I'm tired and should go to bed but I don't completely want to because I've been having bad dreams lately and I always wake up feeling anxious and unsettled. But I need sleep, get even the little my body allows me, so I'll have to face whatever weird emotional twists my psyche wants to force on me tonight.

I wonder why people have bad dreams. Is it because there are stressful things in their lives? Or deeper issues that they are suppressing? I don't know, but I'd like them to stop--even though they do sometimes give me story ideas.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2005, 09:35:25 AM »
I wonder too, I've had a long series of disturbing dreams, at least every three nights, and every night of last week. Last night, for instance, I dreamed that someone hinted they were going to have to kill me, although they didn't want to (I guess they were some kind of government agent or something), so I choked them to death with my bare hands. The whole killing someone was the most disturbing part, not the being a target for assassination. I felt... damned.

The real creepy thing is that it was a third person dream right up to the point where the guy reached out to grab the lady's neck. He didn't even look like me. COmpletely bald, broad faced, wider in the shoulders, blockier. But as soon as the choking started, suddenly I'm looking at my own hands doing it.

What exactly is WRONG with me?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2005, 11:10:07 AM »
I have bad dreams all the time, hence I have given up on such things as sleeing-in, napping, or getting a full-nights rest. I've been using a number of over-the-counter sleep aids lately and they seem to help for the most part. I just can't take so much that I'm left groggy the next day.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2005, 11:48:12 AM »
maybe I'll consider that. last week I had a dream where my wife was lecturing me about having spent too much money and, for some reason, I woke with a screach.

Yeah, it sounds funny, don't it.

Except that never in my life have I ever woken with a scream before. And I can't even remember what in the dream would have propted such a noise. it's not like it was a full on fight.

CinderEllie

• Level 3
  • Whoever Wrote This Episode Should Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2005, 11:50:56 AM »
Speaking of dreadful dreams and sleep aids, I took Tylenol PM last night, woke up 25 min. before I had to be at work, and then remembered I'd had a dream where I tried out for American Idol and I had to sing in front of everybody. Horrors!!
Nothing beats chocolate on a bad day, unless you're an M&M

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2005, 06:03:27 PM »
Strangely enough, I haven't had a bad dream since I installed two dreamcatchers above my bed [years and years and years ago].  I've since given one away, but the other hasn't failed me yet.  =þ

It might just be a coincidence.  It sure is a fun one, though.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 06:04:17 PM by JadeKnight »
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2005, 09:22:28 PM »
Yet I've been having them since i moved to this house... and we hung the dream catcher near our bed instead of by the computer...

Master Gopher

• Level 11
  • I do not disguise my nerdiness.
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2005, 08:14:43 AM »
I don't sleep enough to have developed enough bad dreams to be able to talk about - sometimes Ijust wake up scared ****less for no particular reason. Is that separate from having nightmares? I hear it can be stress-related...Well, I guess many sleeping problems are.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2005, 05:53:58 AM »
It's nearly two in the morning, and my building has a policy against loud parties. The people below me have had their stereo going all night. The walls here are so thin that the people next door complained to me the other day when my dryer was going after 10pm (which I promptly stopped running after hours). So you can imagine how loud a LOUD stereo is in my building at 2am. It's "entertaining" the whole block. The family above me knocked on my door (which I didn't hear, because I was trying to sleep back in my bedroom), and then knocked on my window, scaring me half to death and making me think that someone was trying to break in. The husband even called the landlord and the cops to complain about me! My lights are off.

It's an understandable mistake, because the party was actually in 205, below me. I'd thought it was coming above me, from the way the reverberations were coming. At any rate, now it's 2am, I'm completely awake from being woken up by the neighbor above me, and their stereo is softer but still going. It may be soft enough for the 4th floor neighbor, but I have a feeling going back to sleep on my air mattress is going to be a bad experience for my sleep.

When I moved in, this was a quiet building--I have no idea what's up tonight. I just want to sleep.