Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2004  (Read 26206 times)

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Re: NaNoWriMo 2004
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2004, 11:07:23 PM »
Voted,

But now (in about a half hour) I have to take off for a temple recommend interview.   One of these years I'll get it renewed BEFORE it expires.  (Sigh....)

Oh, and welcome, Steve!  Jordo is known as Spriggan around here.  

And welcome to you too, Jena.  I think we've met before.  Anyway, which editor at Tor did you send your book to?

(I'm somewhere around 1,000 for the day so far.  But, I'm being naughty, I'll admit.  I've spent most of my time revising what I wrote yesterday.  I, however, am allowed to do that.)
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2004, 11:18:36 PM »
I'm up to 2800. been writing slow because playing catch up with old friends. If I can pick up the pace i had at lunch, I can at least meet day 2's goal before I go to bed

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2004, 11:18:50 PM »
Well, 898 is my final. Good enough for me. It's highly disorganized and will have to be revised, but at least I'm getting the ideas down, and in general categories. That's it for this tonight. I have a paper due Thursday, another due Monday, and then this 30 page draft is due a week from Thursday (along with another theme, I'm sure). Wait! I don't have class next Thursday! (Veterans Day) Just realized it's due in TWO weeks. Whew, that's good.

I know what you mean about catch up. I was away for all of a weekend, but I've had to talk to everyone today, and I feel so behind in class. But at least this is helping me catch up on that front.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 11:21:21 PM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2004, 11:56:48 PM »
Well, I am really tired, I thought I was going to be able to stay up to work on this some more, but it doesnt look like it. 1893 is the total. Not bad for me, and I will eventually be able to catch up with where I am supposed to be.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2004, 01:44:02 AM »
I can't tear myself away from the election coverage.  I'll have to keep my earlier total of 857 for the day.  Man, I suck.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2004, 01:49:57 AM »
Politically motivated people always do.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2004, 02:46:38 AM »
chalk me up for 1,050 today.  
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2004, 03:20:46 AM »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2004, 03:55:37 AM »
EULO

Thanks for the welcome.  I think we may have met at some point.  I know your name seemed very familiar when I stumbled across your webpage.  :)

I'd have to double check my letter from Tor to see who has it right now.  The manuscript went in last year and there was a mix up with one letter saying it was rejected, one that it was never received and one that it was still being seriously considered.  Sooo...in the long run no one can find it and they asked for it to just be sent in again, which is easy enough.  So that's where things are atm.

Just crossed about 2500 words for nano...just to keep the thread in theme.  :)

~Jena
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2004, 04:11:44 AM »
3336.  Yes!

Now that it's after 1 am and I've hit the goal by three words, perhaps I should look at my homework for tomorrow... funny how that works.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2004, 04:24:42 AM »
4154, and I need to sleep.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2004, 08:44:29 AM »
Day 2 numbers are all posted. Anything you wrote yesterday but didn't tell me about goes on day 3.

incidentally, the way we did it last year, was people gave me their running total. That's why I asked Sprig to set up the tracker to accept monthly total, not the daily count. Plus that's much easier for the numbers I look at.

So if everyone could just settle on a method, so I don't have to guess whether the number you say is that DAY'S number, or your grand total, that'd be great. I'd really prefer the grand total, and in most cases, since it's supposed to be a new work, that's easier to find anyway.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2004, 09:22:22 AM »
The Day 2 numbers all went up at this time in the morning? I was going to send my count over as soon as I got into work, where my files are... Didn't think I'd be missing it at this hour.

Edit: At work now. My Day 2 was 3775, but I guess I'm late for the Day 2 posting. Please just make a good solid policy about when the posting deadline is so we can plan for it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 10:31:06 AM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2004, 11:29:57 AM »
I do it when I have time to do it. The best policy is to send it off as soon as you have your final count for the day.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2004, 11:36:34 AM »
Well I got 4036 word written yesterday. Got chapter one written and started on chapter 2.

Sorry, I'm starting a day late because I waited for my new laptop to arrive. I think NaNoWriMo is a great way to break in my new computer.

Going to get started for today now.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.