Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2004  (Read 26170 times)

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2004
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »
And what I meant to say by being distracted was me going out to find a Voter's Instruction booklet on the web so I could inform my vote later day. Sorry for distracting the thread. Maybe this will help.

737 today, actually working on a second chapter and trying to ignore the fact that I don't like it much. (the Dragons in the forum will recognize that as a major step forward for me.)
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2004, 01:18:33 PM »
well, i've been able to do about 20 minutes so far. 452 words. That's 20 words a minute. that doesn't sound like very much. But it'll get me the daily goal in just over an hour. If I can go for 4 hours today, which I hope, I can catch up to JP by the weekend (assuming he keeps his current pace).

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2004, 01:19:40 PM »
Just in case you were curious, I couldnt write yesterday, but so far today I have 1285, and I am going to write some more later. Wow, it is a rush to get that much down, I very very rarely do that, and I really hope that I dont give up on this.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2004, 01:59:37 PM »
1221 after one hour. Hopefully the afternoon will be as slow as yesterday and I can get at least that much more done before I leave work.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2004, 02:13:19 PM »
If I can go for 4 hours today, which I hope, I can catch up to JP by the weekend (assuming he keeps his current pace).

Didn't you regret treating last year like a competition, Saint?

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2004, 02:27:33 PM »
I don't remember. Probably. But I'm so competitive and don't get that out as much with games as I'd like. So I'm holding myself to a standard where I'm the fastest like I was for most of November like I was last year.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2004, 02:31:38 PM »
I didn't really expect a different answer to Kije's question, SE. ;D

I'll just be lucky if I don't stall out on my story, allowing me to get some kind of finish on and go back to get it readable later.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 02:31:48 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2004, 03:25:44 PM »
Hey, um, can I still join in with this?  I unquit writing yesterday...again.  So, yeah.  

I'm at 2,200, but hopefully I'll get some more done later today.  This is a great way to neglect my schoolwork, and I'm always looking for those.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2004, 03:28:32 PM »
Welcome aboard, Ms. Fish. The important word counts come at the end of the day/beginning of the next day for posting on the calendar-schedule-thing, but its fun to give more frequent updates too, and it looks like you're doing pretty well. Take a seat.  8)

Oh, by the way...I've seen some mentions of registering officially with the NaNoWriMo site. Is there any compelling reason to do so?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 03:30:05 PM by Prometheus »

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2004, 03:32:31 PM »
Yeah, I was just figuring if I was going to get in on the group thing I should speak up soon.   :)
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2004, 03:40:43 PM »
the only compelling reason to do so is to have them check it and list your name on their site as an official winner. At which point they give you a link to the graphic you can put on your web site.

As far as I'm concerned, you cn sign up on nov 30 (assuming you can do 50000 words in a day) and I'll post your word count on the calendar (though I believe Sprig's tracker allows you to post your own count so I don't have to do it). I think NaNoWriMo.org says you have to sign up there by Nov 26. It's all semantics, but it's fun to be "official"

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2004, 03:46:43 PM »
Well maybe I'll think about going official after the 20th. Just isn't a big deal currently, and there's a lot of words between then and now.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 03:47:22 PM by Prometheus »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2004, 03:55:22 PM »
I have beaten a day 1 goal. I'm now hoping just to catch up with the daily goal for today. go me!

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2004, 03:56:52 PM »
Being official.  The only other fun with doing so is that you have access to more forums like this one for chatterboxing about NaNoWriMo when you prolly should actually be...well...writing.  :P

~J
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2004, 03:58:52 PM »
I think I'm obviously doing enough of that, although it is half the fun, so I'm glad I'm doing it. Getting close for today. I'm guessing that I'll end up cutting most of what I've written today later, but that must...be...later. A real struggle for me.