Author Topic: Guess who's writin a book?  (Read 1516 times)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
Guess who's writin a book?
« on: March 10, 2005, 09:15:14 PM »
here be the first page,
tell me what you think, and if anyone is interested i can post a link to the rest of chapter one.
     UNDERWOOD

I’ve never been very good at introductions, so I’ll get straight to it. My name is Seriph, I’m an angel of sight, it’s my job to see things and I’ve taken it upon myself to chronicle the events of the past two years.

CHAPTER ONE      
                             ZEDRICK
September, 23, 2012
     It was at least ten in the morning when Seem left his apartment. The sky, or rather lack of it didn’t show the time, he might as well have been walking the streets in the middle of the night. There was no sky in the deep stains, Underwood is like a forest and as is the tendency with such places the larger trees overshadow the smaller ones, until there are so many large trees that the small are plunged into perpetual darkness and occasional fluorescent light. The thing that disturbed seem the most about this city was the fact that all the artificial lighting and metal and concrete had an uncanny organic feeling to it, as if he were in the middle of a giant hollowed out tree.
As he walked to work he thought about why he hated his job at a music store named "In one ear and out the other". A job at a music store is all well and good for an eighteen year old, but Seem had a particular distaste for his boss. Bermuda was the name of the rotund Caribbean man who owned the music shop, Bermuda for some unknown reason is bothered by angel’s and druggies, both of which he is forced to interact with on a daily basis, he’s under a lot of stress.
After an hour or so of such thoughts Seem realized he had walked three blocks past his stop, this in turn caused him to be late for work, and that caused his angry boss to give him a very long and tedious lecture. From there on out is was smooth sailing all the way, so to speak.
The inside walls of the smokey music shop were lined with LPs, everywhere one looked they would see racks jammed full of CD’s and baskets haphazardly crammed with tape decks. It was about four o’ clock in the afternoon when a doorbell broke the monotony of Pink Floyd’s "welcome to the machine". A very interesting customer entered the store and approached Seem. This man was in fact a demon, which is not all that uncommon in Underwood. He was dressed in a navy blue pin-stripe suite and matching hat, along with shiny black shoes, white gloves and of course a red corsage in his right breast pocket. This demon would look more at home in a 50’s "gangster" movie than in the middle of a music store. He leaned over the counter and began to speak with Seem, who being caught off guard was a little unnerved, seeing as this demon had no face.
     "Hello, my name is Zedrick." Said the demon, "I know this sounds silly, but I’m looking for an angel named… Angel. You wouldn’t happen to know such a lady would you?" inquired Zedrick. Seem did of course know Angel, but he did not tell this to Zedrick; there was just something about that guy’s face he didn’t trust. The demon had been questioning Seem for almost fifteen minutes when Bermuda, the manager, began to get agitated, "Buy something or get out!" shouted the heavy set owner. Zedrick calmly left the store.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
Re: Guess who's writin a book?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 02:42:10 AM »

http://fast.filespace.org/FuzzyOne/underwood.doc.

heres chapter one and the beginning of chapter two.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/