Author Topic: Cookies of Discontent: Nano '05 blogs  (Read 4680 times)

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: Cookies of Discontent: Nano '05 blogs
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2005, 03:03:09 AM »
Fell's blog amuses me to no end. This was great:
Before I knew what I was doing I had summoned up google and typed in "Victorian undergarments," and there before me were three pages of images. None of them were explicit, of course--Victorian undergarments covered more than modern outergarments, for goodness' sake--but that doesn't change the fact that I had used a work computer, during regular hours, for an image search of ladies' underwear.

As far as motivation goes:
I cannot allow this to happen! So I need to write a good 3000 words before 11:00am today to avoid being shown up by a 13-year-old girl. Wish me luck.

And then tantalizing tidbits that he doesn't follow through on:
I wrote a big ol' blogeroo and it is now all lost. Mein lieben! I curse the interwebs, every one of them, and all of their ancestors (I'm looking at you, Al Gore!). There is nothing left to do but recap what I said, but I'll leave out all the stuff about 1890s Victorian fashion--which sucks for you, because it was awesome.

Although the tale of the Victorian underwear search almost makes up for the lack of 'awesome' Victorian fashion description, which I would have enjoyed.

All I have to say is keep up the good work, Fell, because I definitely want to be a reader of this Victorian Batgirl story when you finish it.  ;D If it is half as entertaining as your blogs it will be well worth the effort.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 12:05:37 PM »
I'm so flattered. By the way, I kicked that 13-year-old's butt.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2005, 01:54:52 PM »
Whatever it takes to help you feel validated.  ;)
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"