Author Topic: The perfect taco  (Read 1448 times)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
The perfect taco
« on: December 02, 2005, 08:08:50 PM »
well its december and I'm writing another book.
The Perfect Taco
'Preface'
When the sky opens up and i'm alone with the world I'll look towards oblivian and smile, because there will be so very much to look forward to. As the world walks down death row God will ask me what I desire for my last meal and I'll laugh and say "The perfect taco"
The beginning of the enD(chapter one)
Louisiana in september is like an obscene phone call from nature, it's hot, sticky, and on occasion quite offensive. I can understand his plight, I'm looking for something too, but it's not adventure. I'm after the perfect taco. Most people would tell me that i'd have better luck in Mexico, I'll tell you right now that these people have sh!t for brains. The perfect taco is a state of mind and being, not a luaghable attempt at psuedo-mexican cuisine as made by a poorly furnished resturant chain.
This all started,ironically enought, at a Taco Bell, probably five years and, oh say ten seconds ago, my friend looked at me from across a plastic table and said "ya know, there's just no such thing as the perfect taco.". At first I didn't think much of it, but when I got back to my apartment it hit me like a sac of frozen swedes. No matter where you go, or how good it tastes, a taco is always missing something, but not just the taco, everything is always perfect, just minus that special something.

this is obviously not proofread or entirely complete, but comment anyone.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: The perfect taco
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 02:25:45 PM »
This should maybe go under the Writing Group forum.  Anyone want to move it?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 02:25:56 PM by JadeKnight »
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 05:33:08 AM »
It's an interesting metaphor. Is the book going to be some sort of travelouge as the protagonist seeks out "the perfect taco" or is it more of a metaphor you plan to extend throughout the book?

What genre is it? Mainstream fiction?
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 10:12:16 PM »
it's fiction, and it is in fact a travelogue as the character searches about louisianna for "the perfect taco"

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 02:40:06 AM »
I think it's an interesting beginning. Keep writing it!  :D

(That's my current problem--getting past writer block moments and finishing my novel. You can't work with what's still in your head, only with what's on the page.)
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 08:59:50 PM »
The end of the beginninG(chapter 2)
Why is it when people tell stories they always ask if they can begin at the beginning? It does matter where I start, for all you know anything could be the beginning.
After ruminating the profound universal truth my friend had stumbled upon I decided to do it, I was going to find the perfect taco. Like Huck I had heard the whisperings from afar and I don't plan on stopping till I reach that damn cave!
I packed a bag full of clothes, money, toiletries, and a book, then exactly twenty minutes and forty-five seconds later I was out the door and on my way to the airport. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going, as I bought the first ticket on the list and boarded the plane without a second thought, however I would like to point out that my first thought, oddly enough, was "this airport smells like mexican food."
The flight was as always, less than perfect, like a flawed fajita whizzing through the atmosphere. I felt like Huck, floating on a raft at the river's mercy with no knowledge or control of my destination.
The plane landed with an apathetic thud, like a whale beaching itself out of sheer boredome. I left the airport in a manner accustomed to an arrow thats forgotten it can only travel in a straight line. I rushed outside and was met with the most aggressive air I've ever come across, no matter how hard I tried not to breath it continued to force itself down my throat and just wouldn't take no for an answer. This brings me to the end of the beginning, now I must begin the ending.

I've started chapter three, but i'll post it after I'm finished.