Author Topic: Everybody's Current Projects  (Read 15843 times)

guitarbabe

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I have many true loves, I'm just not that true!
    • View Profile
    • www.stephaniefowers.com
Re: Everybody's Current Projects
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 07:15:29 PM »
I'm impressed! I think it's cool when people go for their dreams...and I totally know what you mean by the low grade writer's block, Nessa (I'm totally going to get stern with myself).

These books had better be out in print in a few years! Why not? It's cool that you can actually write from experience, Frosker (I still can't get over that computer man). And those others sound really fun to research (I say I hate the research, but sometimes...well, it would be so cool to learn more about Scottish stuff, Stacer. I totally envy you--especially some of the cool stuff they did. I had some really tough Scottish ancestors and the things they did make me proud...in a disgusted kind of way).

My sister's husband comes from a clan that 'practically' wiped out our clan (those darn Campbells, they tried to kill off the McDonalds too). Anyway, when I found that out, I forbade them to marry. It was totally Romeo and Juliet. Oh, except they lived and got married. But seriously, it's amazing what a few years does to calm things down. I'm sure our ancestors would have been appalled he married into the family. We're the Black Irish and we followed the Black priest...total tangent.

So, is there a post where we can read first chapters and stuff like that? Is that the writer's group thread on that other post (I love how clear I am)There probably is...and I just haven't looked deep enough.

"You’ve got more issues than National Geographic!"

"You’re like a soggy brown banana, the only use for you now is to get cooked."

www.stephaniefowers.com

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 07:40:44 PM »
Due to privacy/copyright issues, we don't usually post entire chapters. The writing group is done via email (the files) and IRC/chat (the actual meeting).
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

guitarbabe

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 03:43:50 AM »
That's helpful. I'll check it out.

Oh, so much drama, drama, drama today. You ever have one of those days? Speaking of, I think I saw a thread on procrastinating, I think I'm going to check that one out. They might have some good advice for me. :P

www.stephaniefowers.com

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 11:26:31 AM »
I'm in the final (hopefully) rewrites of my next humor/suspense novel.  Covenant has it slated for May or June.

After that, I have an adventure, Indiana Jones-ish thing in mind.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

guitarbabe

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 07:15:08 PM »
What's it called, so I can look it up? I published with Covenant too! They're awesome to give us newbies a chance.

www.stephaniefowers.com

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 03:40:33 PM »
Rob's the author of On Second Thought and Wake Me When It's Over (and its sequel, the one he's talking about).
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 05:59:59 PM »
I plan to hit 90,000 words today.

Success! Even if it wasn't in the part of the story I should have been writing in.

Unfortunately I'm suffering from low-grade writer's block at the moment, but I'm trudging through it as best I can.

Gah!! Could this be any more painful? I have to wrench the words from my brain. In one particular chapter. Only about another 500 words to go and I still can't seem to beat it from myself.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 06:01:35 PM by MrsNessaC »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 12:14:18 AM »
Yeah, good luck with the writer's block, Nessa.

I'd better get over my own writer's block because I've got my first submission due in about a week (for my Novel in Progress class). yipes. I've got about 75 pages of my first high fantasy novel, Counterpart, so far. Boy, I sure hope I can finish it this year come what may!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 12:14:56 AM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 03:05:54 AM »
I have but one project which has been endlessly postponed, A Rustler of Years, which I've been encouraged to finish by Saint many, many times, but never have.... sigh.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 04:09:59 PM »
*Cough* Fell, I would like to read it. I have been curious ever since your blog during NaNo. (My email is on my profile...)

One of these days I want to read something of yours too, Fell.  I hear you're a great writer.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Parker

• Level 12
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »
Right now I'm in the second chapter of my seventh book--a postmodern adaptation of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.  I'm also rewriting my fourth book for the third time--it's about alpacas.  Don't ask.  And my second book is awaiting rejection on the desk of EUOL's agent.  It's nice to hear what everyone else is up to.  Very interesting.

guitarbabe

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 08:43:02 PM »
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow? I would love to read that! I wrote the dialogue for a musical of Sleepy Hollow once, and it really got me interested in it. I have no idea what happened to it though :P I got paid $700 for it and we parted ways. I even tried to look it up on the internet, but no luck. If it actually ever came out, I doubt I'd get any credit. Ah resume stuff. If it DID come out, I'd at least demand to see a free performance.

www.stephaniefowers.com

Parker

• Level 12
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 02:51:14 AM »
Well, I'm only on chapter two of the first draft, so there's sadly not much to read yet.  Also--an update--got a 2 page single spaced letter from EUOL's agent today, telling me he enjoyed reading my submission but doesn't think it's ready yet.  Very nice and complimentary, though--and he had a lot of great suggestions and ended it "I'm available for follow-up, and eager to see something new," which is nice.  So I'm pretty jazzed right now, even if I don't have an agent.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2006, 01:08:06 PM »
Wow, good for you, parker! It's not often you get such -positive- refusals, and he even said he'd like to see more stuff later on! And 2 SS pgs takes a lot of time, so that's a compliment in and of itself. :D
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT