Alternate Realities > TW(i)G

Population

<< < (2/2)

Spriggan:
How many people do you think I can get away with throwing in the city?  I know that a city with a million+ is huge even by today's standards, and that a city with 300-500 thousand would be a metropolis in the setting.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
now that you bring it up, probably half a million is a good upper limit.

Spriggan:
See that's why I want to do the actual capital as 3-4 huge cities that are linked together and thought of as one City but they're not.  So I can have such a larg population center.

Spriggan:
Well after takeing the cities I've allready thought of (ie placed on a map) I just started giveing populations to them (rounded to the nearset thousand) and I came up with 2,191,000 and that's with makeing Pirkash's population 1.2 million.  So if I was going to do 6 million I need to either make a lot more cities or rase the populations of a LOT of them (only 2 other cities have populations in the hundred of thousands, one at 200,000 and one at 500,000).

I still need to populate the deserts and take accout for all the small villages and farmers that I'm not going to bother listing as well as add the military.  But thats probaly only going to be another 500,000-600,000.  So that would put me at about 2.7 million.  I would like to have between 4-5 million if I can get away with it.  I'll probaly have to populate the northern desert (by the coast) which I wasn't realy plannig on doing.

Has any one else thought up populations for their counties yet?  Dont think I remember reading any in Kije's write-ups yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version