Alternate Realities > TW(i)G

Empires and Nations

<< < (3/8) > >>

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
Genetics

Lieutenant Kije:
Sorry - as ideas keep turning over in my head it spurs new questions and answers.

If type is determined by genetics a key question is about type intermarriage.  If a society is suuportive of antagonistic "typism" then intertype marriage would be much less common.

A society where intertype marriage is common, though, would have a hard time being typist.  And unless type includes outward physical differences from other types (skin color, for example) I can see intertype marriage being a fairly common thing, and typism as not so much of an issue.

I guess a new question I have is what are the physical differences (especially the obvious, outward ones) between types, if there are any?  Or are the type abilities like special magical abilities in D&D, bestowed to humans by their angelic creators or left as kind of angelic signatures on their creations?

Lieutenant Kije:
Another question - this time about the map.

The dark green indicates jungle, correct?  The light green would indicate temperate forests, then?

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
ok, the easiest way to handle this is that the children of inter-type couplings are either one or the other. There are no "half-elves".

As for the exact appearance and abililties... .uh.. .yeah... I'll write that up. (so much work this month, and yet all I've been doing is playing Starcraft)

Lieutenant Kije:
yeah, I figured no half-types.  I don't mean to pester you - I've just started working on TW(i)G and a lot of questions have been popping up that factor into what I want to write.  I'm not as interested in the actual abilities as I am the outward appearance, for now.  But eventually the abilities, too.  I figure they'd play some sort of role in society.

And I'm assuming that my assumptions about the map are correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version