Alternate Realities > What's this?

New Game!

<< < (2/8) > >>

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
oo! Ooo! I have an idea. How about Pirates/Privateers! We could use sea-elves and land dwellers on ships! We can fight giant kraken! We can wear bear feat and sing dirty sea chanties about halfling strumpets!

Mr_Pleasington:
I would happily run a small Deadlands game, using the Savage Worlds system.  It'd be mostly freeform.  

Old Western B Movie Goodness!

Entsuropi:
I don't like the Western genre.

I'm tempted on the TGK offer. Not only can his name be encapsuled in a 3 letter word, but playing the part of a demented idiot would be supremely easy - most of my friends regard me as such a person. And, even better, he apparently doesn't remember anything, so i dont have to read the entire story until now. So yeah, let me think about it.

LoTR would be cool. Any game where i can play a dwarf would be right up my street at this particular moment in time - the dwarfs are pretty much the scots in LoTR in any case. (Elves are English, humans probably Yanks... go figure that in light of Iraq and so forth).

Star trek would be fun, especially since i can finally do the much needed Trek character. You know all those guys who say they adore 20th centure culture and so on? How come there is no John Woo fans? Security guys diving sideways through automatic doors with a phaser in each hand :D

And in IM me and Mr P agreed that CoC and Humour games are best as one off or very short campaign stuff inbetween other games, so those are probably not great. Might be hard to get the atmosphere going on a forum as well.

Spriggan:
any game with monkies are fine with me.  I'm actualy surprised that the game managed to keep going even after the first hick-up.  WEG starwars is allwayse a fan favorite and it's easy to learn.  If no one else jumps in to GM (ie Slant or Mr. P) I'm tempted to run an empire campaign.  Which would probaly take place sometime around a new hope and Empire strikes back.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
Monkey pirates fighting dinosaurs!

Actually, I was fairly serious about the privateer idea. I just got a little silly when I started thinking about the wenches. I think it'd be fun to be a pirate. And a monkey-like pirate would be great on a ship, what with all the running up and down the rope ladders and masts and such.

Perhaps BESM mechanics and a custom setting. Heck, Decipher or d20 or Feng Shui mechanics would work. I'd be happy to collaborate on a setting, but as I siad, I don't want to gm. I want to be a player.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version