Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3162 times)

guitarbabe

• Staff
  • Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I have many true loves, I'm just not that true!
    • View Profile
    • www.stephaniefowers.com
Hello!
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »
Okay, okay, I'll start this out. Well, I never thought that I would be doing this...I bet you never thought I would either, but I'll totally give it a go. Whoo!

As you all know, I've just published an LDS chick lit book called, 'Rules of Engagement.' I'm working on my second LDS chick lit (from a catty villain's POV from a single's ward), called, 'Meet Your Match.' And I have tons of others in the works, 'Prank Wars,' and the chilling horror, 'The Roommate.' Yeah, it gives me chills anyway. You can see all these blurbs on my website.

I'm also doing some screenplays...and maybe some plays in the future...and a few musicals. I've recently been asked to do 'Anastasia,' which should be interesting.

I have a band, 'We the Peeps.' And I write the lyrics and play rhythm guitar (thus the guitarbabe handle). We wouldn't sound that good if it wasn't for our lead guitarist. She's amazing. However, our violinist left on a mission to to to...aigh, I'll get back to you on that...some place in the east. But we DID manage to record a few of our songs, 'Desperate Coed,' 'WWFHE,' 'Intramural Sports Loser,' and 'Sitting on the Porch' to name a few. So, you can say we do a lot of parody.

I ALSO write science fiction and I'm busily working on trying to get those published as well (the names are up for change), but they're called, 'The Destroyer,' 'Legacy of the Lost' (I'm thinking of just calling it 'the Lost'), 'Only a Princess' (needs some rehashing), and my favorite (probably because I'm working on it right now), 'The Few,' which I'll really have to take past some writing groups because I really want it to be good.

As you all know, I'm strategizing ways of how to get these books out there. Hey, maybe this is just a small way of doing it, and I'll have you know I really appreciate your advice on the matter...even if I seem completely ignorant about it.  

You know, this will actually be really fun being on this website. I just barely stopped writing for this magazine (I probably shouldn't give the particulars because that would make me a big fat gossipy pants...and maybe someday I'll want referrals, who knows?), but this might actually take the place of it. I knew there was some empty spot there. Ouch!

Anyway, my roommates are starting to call me names, so I'd better go to FHE. But thanks for letting me do this!

"You’ve got more issues than National Geographic!"

"You’re like a soggy brown banana, the only use for you now is to get cooked."

www.stephaniefowers.com

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 01:18:43 PM »
So, I'm dying to hear "WWFHE," they very thought of which makes me giggle already.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 01:29:16 PM »
For anyone who's interested, you can find her book off www.deseretbook.com. It's not as readily available on Amazon.

That being said, "Rules of Engagement" is very very funny. If you have ever been in an LDS singles ward, then you can relate. It's not sappy (notice I didn't say cheesy...there's still plenty of cheese) like some other chick lit out there. And the pranks...can I just say that the cross stitch storyline still makes me giggle. It's SOOOO BYU-ish.

So, anyway, it reads quickly and is quite entertaining.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Eric James Stone

• Level 12
    • View Profile
    • Eric James Stone's Website
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 05:38:11 PM »
I read the book last weekend, and I can add my endorsement of Rules of Engagement as a very funny look at BYU single life.  
Eric James Stone
Nebula Award Nominated Author
Read my serialized novel Unforgettable for free online.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 07:44:38 PM »
I also wanted to say, that in my house, we are Spongebob Squarepants fans. Especially my 3-year-old son, who watches everyday the Gary the Snail episodes DVD I bought him for his birthday.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

guitarbabe

• Staff
  • Level 7
  • I have many true loves, I'm just not that true!
    • View Profile
    • www.stephaniefowers.com
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »
Oh, a fellow SpongeBob Square Pants fan! Man, I love you, Nessa!

It has set off some pretty crazy debates around here, but in my book, if I could find a SpongeBob Square Pants man...well, don't get me started!
"You’ve got more issues than National Geographic!"

"You’re like a soggy brown banana, the only use for you now is to get cooked."

www.stephaniefowers.com

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 08:13:27 PM »
Just trying to raise him up right. Too bad he's 20 years too young. Haha.