Local Authors > Stephanie Fowers

AWOL

<< < (3/9) > >>

Eric James Stone:

--- Quote ---what is the most realistic reason for a guy to suddenly want to date a girl he's known for awhile?
--- End quote ---

It'll happen when the girl takes off her glasses and lets her hair down.  At least that's the way it happens in the movies.

OK, maybe that's not the most realistic reason.

MsFish:

--- Quote ---Ok, to directly answer questions and not just raise issues that are sure to make the single girls round here hate me:

--- End quote ---

Awwwww!  SE ruins all my fun.  

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
You can still hate me. You just can't say I ONLY said things to make you mad. (unless you lie)

Actually, the removing the glasses/letting the hair down is symbolic, I think, of learning new things about the person, as I said in my previous post.

guitarbabe:
You see, that's interesting. I think that can happen for a girl too...sometimes the girl just HAS to get to know the guy first before she even realizes that she likes him. Or the opposite happens, and she realizes she doesn't like him (romantically) once she gets to know him.

Is that what you mean by the symbolic letting down of hair and taking off the glasses?--to somehow stand out from the being 'just one of the guys?'

I've actually had this discussion with my roommates (who hasn't?...had this discussion with my roommates? Lol). Anyhoo, the majority of them won't go for a guy right off, she has to get to know him first.

I can't speak for ALL girls, of course, BUT a lot of the ones I've talked to are like that.

AND, we have noticed the trend that the guy (if he is EVER going to go for a girl) will do it right away or usually never. So, both ways are contradictory, which means who will break first? Will the girl decide to date the guy even if she doesn't know him very well, and not get freaked out? Or will the guy decide to date the girl even if he knows her TOO well and she's no longer the mystery woman?

As for Harry meets Sally, there's always Clean Flicks, right?...unless that particular scene is toooo scandalous! I'm sure it isn't. Ha, and no, I don't want to get into another rated R argument again. Last time, I went overboard and I hate it when I do that.

I'm starting to get a clearer picture of how guys think on this issue, so that's good. I even brought it up with some of my old roommates, and they told me they want the answer whether or not I use it for the book or not, which I definitely will.  But is there an answer? Who knows?

Nessa:
I had a best friend all through high school who was a guy. We would go on dates (he took me on my first date after I turned 16, took me to my first prom...what a guy!), but it was purely platonic. Unfortunately, the rest of the school thought we should go out and were constantly pestering us about it. Even the seminary kids were in on it.

The year I turned 16 we had a "The Dating Game" in seminary and everyone 16 years and older, who wanted to, could participate. Both me and my friend signed up and made sure we were on different days. Well, the seminary presidency did the old switcheroo and put us opposite each other--him the bachelor and me one of three bachelorettes (we had 'proxy' voices who we would whisper our answers to so our voices couldn't be recognized). I could have lied or said stupid things, but I answered truthfully, and that dumb audience clapped at everything I said. It was so obvious. So he chose me. It was infuriating.

That same day we had 'the talk' to make sure that our feelings about each other were mutual, that we were just friends. He ended up dating my other friend that year. It still infuriates me to think that the seminary kids couldn't leave us alone. Like we weren't allowed to be friends when we were the opposite sex. I never had romantic notions about him. That's just the way it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version