Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Annotations

(1/3) > >>

Peter Ahlstrom:
Title page annotation is up, but it seems to have a bunch of <> tags in it.

It mentions pronunciations..."'Adonis' (Pronounced with a hard 'A' and a hard 'O')"... umm...this means nothing! Hard 'a'? Hard 'o'? Consonants can be hard, but vowels cannot be hard. What the heck are you talking about? Please provide examples, like "a as in aardvark" or "a as in alone" or "a as in acorn" or "a as in apple" (all pronounced differently, all recognizable for Americans).

More later...

EUOL:
Hey--good catch.  I meant 'long' instead.  Long Vowels.  Do you think I need examples if I explain them that way?

However, I didn't link the annotations from the front page because there appears to be something wrong with the coding.  I can't get it to paragraph break.  (Hence all of the <> tags.)  This is something Sprig will have to fix tonight, after he gets up.  

Spriggan:
Sorry about that I forgot to unencode the HTML for that page so when you were seeing <br> you were actualy seeing & lt;br& gt;.  It should all be fixed now.

I also reformated the HTML to use <p> but if you want it different then feel free to change it back.

Peter Ahlstrom:
"long" is technically incorrect, but it's folk phonology understood by most people who remember kindergarten, so it should be fine. (I assume you mean "long a" as in "able" and "long o" as in "open.") If you use that terminology to describe other things in the future though, remember that "long" and "short" are only two kinds of vowels, and "a" has 4 different pronunciations.

chasingisis:
No pressure, but I love the annotations and I have been gobbling them up as soon as they're posted.

Do you plan to discuss at all the creation of your religions, or their evolution?  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version