Author Topic: Elantris a Rip off of Eddings?  (Read 4565 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Elantris a Rip off of Eddings?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2005, 01:49:32 PM »
It took me until the beginning of book 5 to get them all straight. That's wayyyy too long. Sure they were all different and distinct, but it was still too many different and distinct countries/people.

But then, being a tech writer, I'm the kind of person who likes to oversimplify. Too many superfluous details gets me all mixed up.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2005, 08:06:24 PM »
*shakes head* They were very simple to keep track of, to me. And i'm someone who has trouble following how his own local government works. (It's friggin byzantine I tell you - the wikipedia article nearly killed me). I have much more trouble when there is a few, very similar in appearance (for webcomics) or outlook/name (for novels) characters. I usually have a hell of a time when a webcomic first starts keeping the female cast members apart - for some reason they tend to be drawn very similar.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

RaoCar

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Elementalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 07:33:19 PM »
When i first read the review i couldn't understand why he didn't know what a Seon was. The way EUOL wrote the book you have to think of what it looks like or what it is until i tell you what it is. Than if you put 2 and 2 together i think they are on the cover.
Please read my book at this site. Its not long yet. I only have one page typed...
http://tb.syntheticstream.com/Forums/PostView.aspx?postid=337263