Author Topic: Mistborn Signing  (Read 11034 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Signing
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2006, 03:17:22 PM »
Your books are in the mail!  :)
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2006, 03:34:43 PM »
im glad most people had a great time!  it's a lot of work to set up something like this, so it feels really good to have it turn out well.

We have had people coming in yesterday and today to pick up thier copies, so i fully expect to sell out of the 220 copies we ordered within a month.  I wont tell you how many of each book we sold, cause i may get in trouble for that (private compant info and all).

To clarify it all, there was one person in line almost the whole day.  The line started really building at about 3:30 to 4:00 (filled the area infont of Spencers next door to our store).  At about 4:30 and on is when we had to make the secondary line that most people were in.  Hopefully i did an ok job of pullin you guys in without ruffling any feathers!

We still have copies of the book left - although they are going fast.  If anyone still wants one or NEEDS one, com on in.

Steve
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »
Well, I went to Mansfield today to get a copy.  I actually checked Waldenbooks in the mall and they did not have it - the lady behind the desk said it was not out yet according to her computer. (I said, that's funny, since the release party was this weekend!)

I was going to go to B&N anyway since I had $14 in store credi to help defray the cost.  They had two copies there, and they weren't even in the "new science fiction" section!  They were on the shelf beside all the paperback Elantris-es. Well, now they only have one other copy, so I hope someone buys it soon.   :)

Brandon, i'm just going to ship it out to you and include return postage, could you PM  or email me a shipping address for you?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2006, 07:00:25 PM »
Well Waldenbooks was right the official release is Wednesday, Brandon's singing was a pre-release party.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2006, 07:06:32 PM »
According our niffty amazon link: the official release date is tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:06:51 PM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2006, 07:41:05 PM »
Amazon tells me that my copy is in the mail.  :) Unfortunately, Amazon says that I won't get the book until August 5th.  :( Amazon claims that it is being shipped through USPS (sent on July 22) but USPS claims that it hasn't received it yet. It think somebody in Amazon's shipping warehouse is reading my copy before it gets sent.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »
When I said "take it with a grain of salt" I was referring to the times mentioned by the girl next to me in line, not the student you had talked to, EUOL. I readily believe that people were there since 11.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

CtrlZed

• Level 5
  • Undone
    • View Profile
    • Nethermore
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »
You folks at Walden Books (Diamante and all others) deserve a big hip-hip-hoorah for all the work you did to bring Mistborn to the fans a few days earlier than the intended street date.  The event was well-planned, well-organized, and a lot of fun.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2006, 10:58:20 PM »
Fell,

Wasn't challenging, just giving the sources on my info, which were ambiguous.

Fuzzy,

Sent

Everyone,

Yeah, book doesn't come out officially until tomorrow.  However, some stores ignore things like that.  Others are very strict.  Go figure.  The signing we did was an officially-sanctioned (by Tor) pre-release.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

RedAragorn

• Level 3
  • mmmmm...chicken
    • View Profile
    • Wandering Words
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2006, 01:42:51 PM »
Amazon emailed that they already shipped mine, which is nice.  My delivery estimate is the 27th-29th, though.   I hope it comes at the early end so that I have something to read on my flight this weekend!

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2006, 06:50:26 PM »
Well, as with Lost one, I also have to wait until August to get mine. Don't know why. It bugs me that they don't give a reason. I can understand waiting till the official release date, but two weeks after? Seems odd.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2006, 09:52:26 PM »
Yeah so I'll be at the Aug. 12 booksigning with a friend (hopefully, we still need to work out logistics though). I'm the kid with the long poofy hair, and I will eventually get around to that hate mail you told me to send you. Just not right now.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

GLE

• Level 3
  • blah blah blah blah blah.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2006, 04:24:39 PM »
wow. im so far behind with all this stuff. oh well. will there be another chance to get my Mistborn signed? and which would be closest to Springville Utah?....

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »
He posts his signing schedule on his website. I think the next closest will be in Provo on the 22nd (at BYU).
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2006, 04:27:45 PM »
EUOL has one this month at BYU, I believe, as well as one in Borders in Provo on the 1st of next month.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.