Author Topic: *spoiler* Mistborn Magic Clarification  (Read 8896 times)

GLE

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • blah blah blah blah blah.........
    • View Profile
Re: *spoiler* Mistborn Magic Clarification
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 04:10:37 PM »
Lol u didn't have to put spoiler on it i think.... wel... then again. it tells 3 metals i didn't know... lol. so if all the metals have opposites... wut is aluminums opposite and wut does it do? lol. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 04:11:01 PM by GLE »

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 04:14:50 PM »
Aluminum's metal opposite is explained in book two.  

Also, as has been noted, be careful about using l33t (i.e., abbreviations like wut, ignoring punctuation rules, and the like) on the forum here.  You should be safe when you're posting on topics in my personal forum.  I've kind of asked Sprig and the likes to go easy on people here.  However, if you branch out into the regular Timewaster's forums, you might get a few sarcastic remarks thrown your direction.

Just a heads up.  Doesn't bother me, but some others like to have sport with newcomers...
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 04:17:43 PM »
GLE, this is a friendly post informing you on spelling policies here, this isn't Myspace.

It's you, not u.

It's what, not wat.

well, not wel.

And don't add lol after everything, we try to ward off internet stupidity on these forums not encourage them, so many posters will harass you if you use those type of abbreviations. We don't like chasing people away, but there's a very low tolerance of such things.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 04:32:59 PM »
Though, again, I would ask you to be particularly forgiving of people on my section of the forums, Sprig.  I have a lot of younger readers, and would rather they get a warm reception.  All bets are off when they leave this section of the forum, however.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 04:38:32 PM »
It's not me you have to worry about, I really don't care that much about leet speak, but it's the others that do so I like to step in and warn people before they raise any ire from others. (though I do hate LOL used after every sentence).

What I don't like is people starting treads and only posting one or two words like "I love this" and crap.  I only lay down the admin law when people are abusive in starting new threads and causing arguments by being rude.

And you can't exclude your forum completely from the rest due to everyone reads your forum, you'll notice that there were others that mentioned the same things as I did just as fast.  But I've always left managing your forums up to you, I don't lock or delete repetitive things.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

GLE

• Level 3
  • blah blah blah blah blah.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 05:08:41 PM »
hahaha ok. i will remember that. sorry i been playing net games a little too much these days... and thanks for the replies

Seaoftrouble

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2010, 06:05:50 AM »
When using Feruchemy to increase abilities does it take more of a Feruchemist’s energy reserve to gain the same ability increase bonus at higher levels of use? Let’s use speed as an example, would it take the same amount of the Feruchemist’s energy to go from 2mph to 3mph as it would to go from 202mph to 203mph?
This Post has been brought to you by Dyslexia and I.

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 06:59:58 AM »
When using Feruchemy to increase abilities does it take more of a Feruchemist’s energy reserve to gain the same ability increase bonus at higher levels of use? Let’s use speed as an example, would it take the same amount of the Feruchemist’s energy to go from 2mph to 3mph as it would to go from 202mph to 203mph?

Yeah, Sazed went into that in Book... was it 2 or 3?

Also, that was such a big bump it was practically an earthquake. :)

Seaoftrouble

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »

Yeah, Sazed went into that in Book... was it 2 or 3?

Also, that was such a big bump it was practically an earthquake. :)
Thank you it was talked about near the end of book 1.
“Yes, Master Marsh. However, Feruchemy gives decreasing returns—it takes more than the proportionate amount
of strength, for instance, to make yourself four times as strong as a regular man, as opposed to simply twice as strong.

OK now for my next question:  I know Feruchemy can remove or increase the effects of age going from healthy and young to old and decrepit, but could Feruchemy be used to become a child or could a child grow into an adult using Feruchemy?

My thought is a 20 year old Feruchemist can't become 10year old child, but I am looking for clarification because of a debate taking place in a RPG campaign.         

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 11:12:11 PM »
It would burn up faster but yeah you should be able to.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Seaoftrouble

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 11:43:04 PM »
On the other hand a child Feruchemist could become a full grown adult and never look back growing from 3' to 6'+.   

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 11:46:31 PM »
and at the age of 18-24 you could start to slow your aging.... talk about streching out your life expectancy.
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

Seaoftrouble

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 12:39:44 AM »
That is strange because a 10 year old Feruchemist  would gaining strength and speed that comes with being 20 year old matured adult and if you go the other way the 10 year old Feruchemist  becomings an infant helpless and fragile. It almost seems that before maturity the dynamic would be flipped giving up energy being underdeveloped and use that energy to become closer to fully developed.

Also if it is development following this line of thought could one not spend a large bust of age becoming something smaller than an infant and be slipped under a door to gain access to a locked room? 

It seems there should be a breaking point between the two or its not usable till a Feruchemist reaches maturity.

Poor seaoftrouble let us listen to him talk to himself.
Sea:  screams "I am still recovering from my crumbled illusions that it what was not actual age bing adjusted but the toll time takes on a body!"

Trouble: whispers "Sea this could be clouding your judgment, let it go you were working off pure speculation anyway"

Sea:  Silently sits wishing he could get rid of trouble without offing himself at the same time. "I hate it when he makes since" 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 06:43:48 AM by Seaoftrouble »

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 12:59:55 AM »
Do we know if feruchemist "snap"

Seaoftrouble

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 06:54:41 AM »

???
It would burn up fast based off witch of the following dynamics? 
(A) The dramatic change in body structure 
(B) The difference in age (keep in mind we could be talking about a 18year old turning back only 8 years)
(C) A and B
(D) None  of the above
(C) I don't know