Author Topic: Brandonsanderson.com upgrade  (Read 12014 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Brandonsanderson.com upgrade
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2006, 10:48:45 AM »
But E, the picture is NOT how things are going to be organized in the final site. So trying to navigate the site based on a mock-up is futile. It wasn't designed to show organization or navigation, only the look and to give us a launching point.

Brandon wants a graphical web site like: http://www.jkrowling.com/en/

I yet to see why he can't have one.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2006, 01:03:37 PM »
Gah.  I absolutely hate that JKRowling site.  I have no intention of ever visiting it again.  It's way too clever for its own good and finding links was painful.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 01:05:16 PM by Skar »
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2006, 03:48:42 PM »
I agree. Rowling's site is pretty horrible. It's okay for people who want to play a Harry Potter website game--because that's basically what it is--but not for casual seekers of information. The point of Rowling's website is that you have to dig around for information, and Harry Potter fans seem to love digging around for information. Does Brandon want people to have to dig around for information on his books? I thought the whole idea was to make his site's information easier to find, not harder.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:50:58 PM by OoklaTheMok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!