Author Topic: Mistborn reactions - SPOILERS  (Read 20021 times)

CorruptedTerrisman

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Servitude is just fine for the time being...
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn reactions - SPOILERS
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2006, 11:39:44 PM »
I have a question that could probably be answered by anyone that has read the book a few times and understand about everything from the book. Or those who just know everything anyways. But yeah...
I remember Marsh explaining in vague detail the process of making an Inquisitor, but I don't understand how it was that Marsh's body was found dead yet he was able to become an Inquisitor? Also EUOL someone mentioned before the irony of Marsh's nickname was "Ironeye". Obviously it does relate, but did you plan on it working like that from the start? And what other relevance did his nickname have for him from the start? That kind of foreshadowing really goes to show how much planning really has to go when it comes to novels like this, for every character and their connection to the environment that they are put into. Again I give you kudos Sanderson!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 11:40:18 PM by CorruptedTerrisman »

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2006, 02:25:37 AM »
It wasn't Marsh's body they found. It was pieces of several other people.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

CorruptedTerrisman

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2006, 06:10:54 PM »
You guys are really bored if you want to continue to bash me on a post that I was totally screwing around on. Drop it, it's over. If you insist on telling me how 'annoyed' you were or want to try and prove that you are far more superior to my intelligence even...throw me an email. I can't imagine what kind of drama you guys weave into your everyday lives if you can't drop something as stupid as this. As annoyed as you may have been, you're only going to bring the annoyance onto everyone else by dragging this out through this thread. Hell if it really ruined your life that bad, then start a totally new thread and then we can insult each other all you want. Otherwise...stop posting nonsense replies just so that you can milk the experience system by laying down another post. And as much as all of you 'want to kick my ass' out of annoyance. The feeling is mutual because of your lack of maturity with the situation. I dropped it, apologized, and haven't done it since...let it go.

But yeah, EUOL I was wondering the same question. When can we expect book two to hit our local bookstores?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2006, 06:48:31 PM »
Everyone please be nice...  :-/

Last I heard, book 2 was supposed to come in May 2007 with book 3 due in December or so, but it sounded like the scheduling was uncertain.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2006, 07:26:20 PM »
Yes, I would ask that people please cool off just a bit.  I think Corrupted Terrisman has done a good job of trying to calm down and fit in, and he did apologize.  He does have a more internet-like style of typing, but he's obviously not a fool.  After all, he named himself off a character in my books....  :)

A couple of answers here.  First off, Marsh.  I came up with the name "Ironeyes" for Marsh early on, but decided not to use it much in the book.  The trick is, every character on the crew has a real name and a nickname.  Even if it's a simple distinction, like the Sazed/Saze one.   The backstory is that Kelsier, in one of his irreverent ways, once nicknamed his brother "Ironeyes" because of how stern Marsh was.  He was fond of giving people harsh stares and the like.  It was a pun, also, since Marsh acted a bit like an Inquisitor--always chastising Kelsier for his lifestyle.

The name fell out of favor, however, particularly after Kelsier was taken by the Lord Ruler and the Inquisitors.  Marsh was never fond of it.  I did include the reference to it as a foreshadowing element, and I'm glad you caught it.

Book Two:
The seventh draft is nearly done.  We're still trying to slip it into the schedule for next April, but that's looking less and less likely.  If we can't make that work, it will be summertime--June, July, or August.  
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Kuntrey_Pilgrum

• Level 4
  • One by one, the penguins stold my sanity....
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2006, 11:06:04 PM »
I'm sorry........ :-[ I had had a bad day, and needed someone to yell at, so I yelled at something that WOULD have been funny to me on a normal occasion.
Please forgive me?
No Ninja Monkey can stand up to my Penguin Commandos! ATTACK!!!!

"This has to be an indicator of insanity. Not only am I talking to myself, i'm refusing to speak to me!"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2006, 11:52:35 PM »
Brandon, my offer to add another pair of eyes for galleys still stands.

Hard to "slip" a book into the schedule this close. Bookstores want to have things scheduled at least a year in advance (and as far as we're concerned at work, it's late November right now). Any particular reason the date wasn't firmer before? Revisions?

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2006, 12:20:11 AM »
I'm sending fall 2007 books off to the copyeditor about now, so I can see why it'd feel a rush job to fit it into April, especially if you want an ARC.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2006, 12:52:13 AM »
Ookla,

It was Moshe.  He was swamped this summer, and so I didn't get the revisions back until a little bit ago.  Still, we did galleys for ELANTRIS in November and had the book in April, so I think it's possible.  Just depends on how the schedule looks.  But, Stacer is right--it's getting close to the line for a book this big.  

K_B,
I wasn't down on you!  Just trying to make certain everyone has a good experience here.  Thanks for your accommodating attitude.  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 12:53:22 AM by EUOL »
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

CorruptedTerrisman

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2006, 02:09:01 AM »
Yay everyone is happy again!

But I'm not gonna try to understand what all it takes to get a book out and published by a certain time. Cause I'm sure there is so much work that has to be done. I just wish it was a bit easier so that we could all dive into the pages of the next book. Haha but take your time by all means EUOL, I'd rather wait for a quality book anyways. And yeah K_B...haha I forgive you. I did beat you in a duel anyways, so no worries.

Kuntrey_Pilgrum

• Level 4
  • One by one, the penguins stold my sanity....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2006, 09:58:31 PM »
GRRRRRRRRRR! ;D ;D I'm happy we all feel that way. ;D
No Ninja Monkey can stand up to my Penguin Commandos! ATTACK!!!!

"This has to be an indicator of insanity. Not only am I talking to myself, i'm refusing to speak to me!"

Ruthie

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2006, 10:12:11 AM »
Summer Glau as Vin, I'm telling you. Anybody write screenplays?

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2006, 11:38:25 AM »
Perfect casting choice.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2006, 12:12:10 PM »
I don't know why but I keep picturing Kel as Owen Wilson.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2006, 12:37:15 PM »
BAD Spriggan!  No treat for you.  BAD!

*retch
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch