Author Topic: Operation: Mistborn Costume  (Read 9933 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Operation: Mistborn Costume
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2006, 11:28:08 AM »
Love the pictures!

*Nessa demands more.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

dawncawley

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2006, 04:22:04 AM »
That was totally awesome!! Great concept, and fabulous look overall. I wish I was even half as gifted with a pattern, thread, that sort of thing.

I love the glass knives too. Even though I don't personally know you, I thought the overall costume was excellent, and it looked great on too.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2006, 11:24:10 PM »
Thanks, Dawn! Nessa, of course, is the seamtress behind this project. I *am* quite pleased with the belt I made though. The knives were kind of hard to find and on the expensive side, yet they totally made the cloak and everything that much more authentic. All in all, a fuuuun project. :D
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

dawncawley

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2006, 01:10:58 AM »
Nessa did a fabulous job, and as I said, I wish I was even half as gifted as she. :)

Hopefully when I finish with school for the quarter I will be able to catch up on my "to be read" pile, which includes my copy of Mistborn, and various others. But I am totally intrigued, just by the elements involved in the costume, so even if I hadn't already bought the book, I probably would have on the strength of my curiousity after seeing your costume. Great work, both to you and Nessa, for getting down to the little details, and doing it so well. :D