Departments > Music

Watch out they're coming for you...

(1/8) > >>

Mad Dr Jeffe:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A35397-2003Jun26.html

Like it or not the RIAA is gunning for you... If you have even one illegal song on your harddrive they want you bad.

Legally your wrong, you know you shouldn't have 3000 songs ripped from cd's on your IBM clone, but you still visit Kazaa or other PTP boards in order to get the hottest music, old and new.

Up untill now no one has really asked why?

Why do you do it?

Is it for rare songs? Is it the convenince? Or is it to extend your middle finger to the Record industry for one too many crappy songs.  Sound off folks and stop trading songs, ...for now.

Spriggan:
hey I may not like the heavy handed approach but it is illegal to have any copyrighted song on your harddrive if you didn't payfor it.  I've got anime and J-pop which you can't buy here and the second linkin Park cd.  I own the cd but the record companie has a software block on it so it wont play in a PC as a music CD.  And dang it if I pay for something I want to be able to use it.

Mad Dr Jeffe:
The Record Co's can argue that you can get Anime and J-pop here, you just have to pay more for it.

Spriggan:
it's not their copyrights so they'd have to get the Japanese record labels in on it two.

Mad Dr Jeffe:
I dont know, its not like most music co's arn't global anymore... How many labels do Viacom and Sony own?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version