Author Topic: Call for Happy Things, again.  (Read 42174 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: Call for Happy Things, again.
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2005, 08:54:13 PM »
I think I know how you feel about those sleeping goggles.  When I burned my face this summer I had to bandage it for a few days, during the summer in a second story room that makes it too uncomfortable to sleep.  As soon as I could take the bandages off at night I slept so much better, the thought of having to wear them again made me shudder.  I'm glad you don't have to deal with something like that again, it's horrible when you can't sleep because of something you have to wear...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2005, 09:43:34 PM »
Yeah. I can't sleep if I have anything on my face--it keeps waking me up.  :P
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2005, 10:41:58 PM »
I found a cache of old 90's alternative songs and that makes me HAPPY!

Reptile 4:56 Starfish The Church
See Those Eyes (Single Version) 3:07 I Could Be Happy - The Best of Alte? Altered Images
Laid 2:38 The Best of James James
Grimly Fiendish 5:12 The Damned: Smash It Up - The An? The Damned
The Only One I Know 4:00 Melting Pot The Charlatans
Party at Ground Zero 6:31 Fishbone Fishbone
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2005, 02:03:03 AM »
Hundreds of mp3s of high-quality Lute music all licensed under a Creative Commons license makes Jade Knight very happy.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2005, 02:29:45 AM »
Nice. No wonder you're offering rides. I'd want to practically live in it at first, myself. Is it a hybrid? I'm thinking next year sometime, when my nice little Jeep Cherokee is about to give up the ghost (who knows, maybe it'll last a couple years; it's only got 99,000 miles on it--but it only gets 20mpg), I'm going for a hybrid. Better for the environment, better for the gas mileage. Of course, you have to pay a little more for a hybrid, so I'm hoping some used ones will be coming up for sale by the time I start looking.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2005, 02:51:25 AM »
That's awesome! Hondas rock.  ;D I love my Civic--I've never had any problems with it, and it gets great gas mileage.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2005, 02:50:33 PM »
I am so happy that I've finally got my own bedroom back. It has a heavy new carpet smell, but it's better that being in the living room. Sleeping in the living room was making me really paranoid for some reason.

Also, the restoration company forgot to put the blinds back up and had thrown out the hardware attachments so I couldn't do it myself. I was told by the guy at Lowes that noone sells spare parts for blinds. Then I was in Walmart getting some new hangers and stuff, when I found the exact parts I needed. So now I have blinds meaning there is nothing left to do except organize my stuff.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2005, 09:39:43 PM »
Yes, Old One's car is very very cool.  Especially because I get to ride in it.  :)

I am happy because I have (mostly) usable internet!  After a month and a half!  And it's free because I threatened to cancel my account!  Yay me!  It's slow, but it's mine.  Which means I can un-fall off of the space of the planet.  Whoo hoo!

Um, speaking of Old One's car...hey Old One...do you want to take me shopping Friday night?  Are you busy?  Do you want to play?
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2005, 12:24:09 AM »
I am SO there.  ;D

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2005, 01:00:19 AM »
yay free internet... what seems to have been wrong w/ it?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 06, 2005, 11:53:39 AM »
Well, this was a grumpy thing yesterday, but now it's happy, sort of. I went to go to work yesterday and my car wouldn't start. I've been worried about this happening for three years cause it's old (over 220,000 miles on it), but it's been running great this whole time. So here I am, needing to get to work that is 15 minutes away (not far, except if you have to walk it). I finally decided to ride the bus to the bus stop closest to my work and bike the rest of the way (a little over a mile). It took me 1 hr 15 min. And when I got to work I had two flat bike tires  (don't know if they were like that when I started, but they weren't the last time I rode, so I didn't check). But I got there and I asked if anyone could give me a ride home and I found someone who could (and could bring my bike, too, so that's a happy thing). And then I talked to my step-dad who's a mechanic and he said it was probably the battery or the alternator or alternator belt. It's okay if it's the battery or belt, but bad if it's the alternator. So my husband and I got the battery charged and drove over to Auto Zone. They test batteries and alternators for free. Luckily it turned out it was the battery. Yeah! Something easy and relatively cheap to fix! Plus the Auto Zone guy installed the battery for us for free. So it turned out okay.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 06, 2005, 05:23:19 PM »
I passed the Colorado Bar exam. That 3 down and 47 to go.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2005, 05:52:25 PM »
Llongyfarchiadau!
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #164 on: October 06, 2005, 06:17:08 PM »
I'm getting a kitten today!
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing