Author Topic: Hey Chimera  (Read 2673 times)

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Hey Chimera
« on: January 03, 2006, 02:14:38 PM »
So how are things in California? Have you been feeling better?
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Chimera
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 06:48:42 PM »
Yes, and no. It's...complicated, to say the least.

I miss everyone in Utah. I'm going to be missing Tuesday Night Group tonight. Luckily, I think a friend and I are going to see Memoirs of a Geisha tonight. That ought to put things in perspective.  ;) And I won't be sitting at home missing all of you.

Right now I'm looking for a job. It's a bit frustrating, but that's life. I went to the Singles Ward on Sunday, and that was good, because I was feeling very lonely last week. I ran into some old friends and realized that there are still some cool people here. So I think I'll be alright--I won't have to spend my four months here in solitude.

My parents can be frustrating, and they can also be great. We're working on things. The depression and chronic fatigue is hard on all of us. They don't always understand what I am going through. But I know they love me and want what's best for me, so as long as I keep communicating with them and being honest to myself, we'll work through it. Also, I'll be seeing some new doctors soon and perhaps trying a new medication. I've shied away from medication because it tends to make me more sick, but there may be one out there that works for me, so I just have to keep trying them, I guess. I'm kind of at the point that I am willing to try anything if it can help me stabilize and be myself again.

So...if you ever have an uncontrollable urge to travel to California and visit me, you will surely be welcome. And that's true for any of my TWG friends! California is nice. California is fun. Chimera is entertaining. Come, come, come!  ;D
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »
Well you're lucky in one thing: there are cool people there to hang out with. Whenever I go to my parents' place in Idaho, I never have anyone to do anything with.

Also, my youngest sister is getting off her mission in mid-July, and apparently the whole family is going down to LA to pick her up and go see a musical. Do you live around LA?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 01:03:05 PM by Tage »

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 01:18:13 PM »
it'll be like the beverly hillbillies!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 02:29:08 PM »
Whenever I go to my parents' place in Idaho, I never have anyone to do anything with.

That's the problems I have with living in the middle of Ohio...  And I even live in a college town.  When did college students get so young?  How did you all put up with me for four years?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 05:24:55 PM »
How did you all put up with me for four years?

You were just so darn cute. What with the short cropped hair and little glasses and... oh wait, that was Ruth.

You've always been 25 to me, even when you were 18.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 06:41:40 PM »
Also, my youngest sister is getting off her mission in mid-July, and apparently the whole family is going down to LA to pick her up and go see a musical. Do you live around LA?

I live relatively near LA. Technically I think Valencia is only 30 miles or so north of it--if there is no traffic, you can get downtown from Valencia in like 20-30 minutes. Now, that's a big *if*. You have to be driving in the middle of the day--any other time and you have to fight with all the people who live outside LA but work in the city, and it can take 1-2 hours to make the same drive.

However, by July I will no longer be here. I will be in Salt Lake doing my internship.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"