Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 33825 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #345 on: February 08, 2005, 01:08:01 AM »
I couldn't fit all my music on a single iPod

I bet you could.... they do make a 60 gig one... which stores up to 15,000 songs
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 01:09:00 AM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2005, 01:18:54 AM »
For my Money Dylons basement tapes is also one of the best albums I've ever heard..

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #347 on: February 08, 2005, 09:12:52 AM »
and how many hundreds of dollars is that? So how realistic is it that I'll ever have one in my hands to use it?

So maybe there IS an ipod that could do it? Sure. For now, But using the conservative number of 12 songs per album, plus all my mp3s, I have around 12-13000 songs already. By the time I have the spare funds to allocate to an ipod, I'm sure I'll easily have more than 2000 more songs. So maybe not.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #348 on: February 08, 2005, 09:40:02 AM »
Do what my friend steve does SE, he bought a CD player that reads MP3s for about $80 and just burned CDs with 800megs of songs on them.  Or me with my MD player, about 400 megs.  Sure Ipods, or the like, are nice but it's a lot of money to spend at once.

And when Jeffe or others tell you about the iPod you can point them to this comic:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2003-05-28
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #349 on: February 08, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »
unfortunately, PA has been broken since yesterday.

I'd love an iPod. I could fit a LOT on it. I don't NEED all my songs on it, I'm just saying I couldn't do that anyway.

But I can't buy one

I make the occassional mix, and I back up all my mp3s to CD every now and then (though I still lost my Too Much Joy mp3s somehow).

but finding an mp3/discman is a good idea. I can probably afford that soon.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #350 on: February 08, 2005, 09:57:25 AM »
PA is working again today, unless it just went down.  I have one of those CD players too and rarely use it anymore so I could probaly sell it to you for $50 plus shipping.  It's hold button is broken but besides that it works fine.  I bought it about 6 months before I bought my MD player and never ended up useing it for MP3s since I don't have a CD burner.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #351 on: February 08, 2005, 10:11:18 AM »
PA borked again.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #352 on: February 08, 2005, 10:15:12 AM »
yeah, I hadn't tried it since about noon yesterday, but when I went this morning, no dice.

I don't have the free funds right now, but I'll keep you in mind, Sprig. Better the money go to a friend that The Man!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #353 on: February 08, 2005, 10:34:18 AM »
NP SE, I was just putting that outhere since this conversation reminded me.  Take your time.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 08, 2005, 08:43:39 PM »
Why is it so bad of us to tell someone about a product we like to use Spriggan?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #355 on: February 09, 2005, 08:39:47 AM »
Becasue it's redundent now Jeffe, we all know how much you like the iPod and how much other people like it.  The product has been around for so long now we don't need to be told anymore.

Also most of us don't have iPods becsaue we either don't want one or cannot afford one, like SE, who said several times he wants one yet cannot afford it.  Despite that you kept on telling him to buy one anyway.  It would be like me constenetly telling people to get a broadband cable conncetion for the internet everytime I could fit it into a conversation, people on this board either have Broadband, or don't have it for other reasons (like cannot afford it or don't want it), and for me to keep on telling those that don't have it to get it would be really annoying.  And for those that want one, yet cannot afford it, me allwayse telling them to buy one would be like rubbing it in their face.  That's how your iPod tangents go sometimes, and that's why I liked to that comic.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 09, 2005, 06:20:25 PM »
I never told him to get one in this thread...
ever... In fact Ive only joked with him about getting one...

Pleasington brought up the ipod this time. But you assumed it was me. Saint responded that they didnt make one big enough for him and I said they did. How is that rubbing someones face in it?

Plus you should keep in mind that I know Saint IRL, I know how he lives and have an idea of what he can afford and I would never tell him to buy something like an Ipod. Im not saying he's poor, cause he isnt... just that with 3 kids an Ipod isnt the best investment.

But I do think you could lay off me a little when I dont do anything... Its like your just itching to attack me over something. (Im not saying this in a mean way)

Yeah I like the Ipod, Yeah Im gonna say how much I like it... If you dont want it or cant afford it or whatever you dont have to be mean about it.

Thats all Im asking and I dont think that thats unreasonable.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2005, 06:22:00 PM by ElJeffe »

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 09, 2005, 07:25:59 PM »
Well maybe you're not like most people but if you're being constantly reminded that you can't afford something you'd like to have, it's really depressing.

"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 09, 2005, 08:15:51 PM »
Ok keep in mind that I am not yelling, or ticked when I say this. My tone is light and conversational.

Its not me doing the constant reminding... which is my point.
We've had a few threads on the ipod, most of them were in the distant past (ie months and months ago) every once in a while it gets brought back up by someone (like pleasington in this thread and in the Random folder) and you know as an owner I like to respond to questions about it...

People are in fact talking about the ipod... its the single most popular music player in the world right now. If you want it and cant buy it, its not my intention to make you jealous when I talk about it. But if other people want to talk about it and coincidentally I like to talk about it. I cant help that, I like the product and I've had one long enough that I've had about all the problems that can happen to it. Im not constantly harping on it and its sort of torquing me off a little that Im getting acused of that. Like people expect me to be cruel and mean, I dont like that.

Before Pleasington brought it up in the Rants thread I hadnt said a word about it in 6 months. Unless you count podcasting which I've said about 500 times doesnt need an ipod to work or just taken the time to announce the Ipod shuffle, which I said I thought was kind of weak.
So I guess I dont get where people think Im harping on it, because I dont think I am.

Master Gopher

• Level 11
  • I do not disguise my nerdiness.
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
« Reply #359 on: February 18, 2005, 08:06:14 PM »
 How embarassingly mainstream...I love the lyrics though -  I'm listening to Linkin Park, Meteora and Hybrid Theory.  

:-[ :-[