Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 36730 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #270 on: April 22, 2004, 07:29:42 AM »
ignoring the last two posts.

It's still a terrible song, whether you like it or not.

Viking was added the other night when talking to another friend who was making a joke about Vikings. I'm trying to decide if it stays or not. certainly the berserker ability would be a nice touch.

oh, and the blood frothing and missing toes don't hurt THAT much. I mean, I could have crushed your spleen before your eyes.

Sminja

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I'm the productive one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2004, 08:50:32 PM »
NOTE: A terrible song in your opinion (and I respect that), and probably in many others' opinions, but I still like it, hence, I think it is good. Anyway...the song of the day for me would be Evanescense's My Immortal. Recently I came upon a band called Floggin Molly, and they're kind of cool.
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2004, 08:56:39 PM »
if you like evanescence you should listen to some tricky, they isa really good
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2004, 08:58:29 PM »
Hear Hear Sminja! Evanescence Rocks.  And recently, though I used to hate it I've been starting to listen to a little bit of rap.  Who's heard of Lords of the Rhymes?
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2004, 09:07:18 PM »
YEah, Evan. is cool. It's hard to keep track of their songs sometimes because a lot of them are instrumental...but that doesn't make them "not cool" or anything...
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2004, 09:09:57 PM »
i sagree evanescence is pretty cool, oh and sam whatever you do dont start saying "Intoxicate me now" if you do I will reach through the screen and hurt you...

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2004, 09:11:33 PM »
Once again, "hunh?" Max, don't start da personal chat in here, this is for sharing your interests.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2004, 09:20:45 PM »
Just so you know, probably the best way to stop a personal conversation from forming in a thread is actually NOT by telling someone it's becoming PM material, it's by not responding to it, or by, i dunno, SENDING A PM!

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2004, 11:27:15 PM »
Sorry...

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2004, 12:32:57 AM »
Floggin' Molly is an alright band. But Jackdaw has them beat through and through I'll tell ya what. They are a really good Irish band. Bagpipes, fiddles, everything.

And Evanescense is alright. I wouldn't put them past my top 50, were I to have a top 100.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2004, 12:38:30 AM »
bagpipes are scottish

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2004, 01:27:19 AM »
You know what he meant...

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #282 on: April 23, 2004, 06:16:28 AM »
I've heard of Lords of the Rhymes (Obviously). All that nerdcore stuff rules - my favourite would have to be MC Frontalot. MC Chris rules, MC Paul Barman is hyper-intelligent. Frontalittle is really fun. Mc Hawking is great. Also some of the rap remixes by Double A Ron on VGMix.

BTW, Outkast, make sure to play some LOTR at the next social. I reckon everyone would like it, given the success of the movies.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Master Xaio

• Level 13
  • All power corrupts, absolute power's even more fun
    • View Profile
    • Eradicator II RPG
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2004, 06:26:50 AM »
Hm, Thanks JP, I hadn't heard of some of those people *opens winmx*.  And I'll talk to Bones, but somehow I doubt that the ppl will like it *that* much.  I mean, seriously, can u see at a social where all they want to do is dance and make out, LotR?  In such a bunch of fools? I'll try, but somehow I doubt it would work.

Awesome music though, I've listened to all the soundtracks many many times.  
"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams"
William Yeats, 'He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven'.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2004, 08:47:37 AM »
Hey, the LOTR at the social was Muldoon's suggestion. Here's the breakdown of nerdcore, don't have to bother with WinMX for most of it.

MC 900 FT Jesus - Precursor to Nerdcore. Ask SE about it, but it's commercial music, and very good.

Del the funky homosapian/ Deltron 3030 - I think the first commercial nerdcore artist. I've only heard one track, but it owned. It was called Proto- CUlture, and I could go into a page long breakdown, but suffice to say it's about Video Game cred.

MC Frontalot - The guy who invented the genre. All available free over at www.frontalot.com. My favourite, witty lyrics, and a slowish, cautious rapping style.

MC Hawking - Rapping Stephen Hawking! Available for free at www.mchawing.com, but he's currently working on releasing a CD.

Lords of The Rhymes - available free at www.lordsoftherhymes.com. You already know the deal, they rap about LOTR.

MC Chris - at www.mcchris.com you can download some tracks, and buy some cds. Ultra fast, super skileld rap, unique because of his high pitched voice, but it works. He raps about some fairly explicet stuff though.

MC Paul Barman - only a few free tracks at his website, for the rest, buy the disc. Hyper-intelligent rhymes about stuff like Politics and stuff. Be warned, he has tracks so rude (but intelligent) that make MC Chris look like a pansy.

The Frontalittle Squad - An group of internet nerdcore artists, 2nd generation, who rap about really nerdy stuff like video games. Some of my favourite stuff, available at http://frontalittle.songhole.org.

Double A Ron - Some of his stuff is at www.vgmix.com. I really really like his stuff so far. He's a christian rapper who raps over video game music remixes.

Assorted - a bunch of other ametuer rappers do nerdcore at www.vgmix.com. Also check out DJ Crono, who has stuff at www.ocremix.org.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy