Author Topic: Evanescence!  (Read 8473 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Evanescence!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 03:50:14 PM »
or you can use napster to listen to the whole CD for free http://www.napster.com/

Can I Really Listen to Napster Music for Free?

Yes. Here's how it works. You can listen to every track in our 2,000,000 song catalog up to 3 times for FREE. After the 3rd free play of any single track, you can either purchase the track or become a Napster subscriber. As a subscriber, you can download an unlimited number of full-length songs to your PC. As a Napster To Go subscriber you can transfer those tracks to your compatible portable player without paying per track.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 04:05:00 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

medrx

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 01:46:25 AM »
Personally, I like the lyrics to a couple of their songs, like "Hello" and "Taking Over Me".  I also like the tone of her voice, but I can see how some people would be a bit turned off by them.  They can be a bit repetative.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

GLE

• Level 3
  • blah blah blah blah blah.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 04:20:06 PM »
I like almost all their stuff. i'd have to say they are definitely worth listening to. they have good and bad song but i mean... seriously. who doesn't have a couple songs that just aren't all that good?

Zal

• Level 2
  • mmmm... donuts...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 01:02:44 AM »
Good point.  Almost every band i've ever come across puts out SOME kind of crap during their career (with the exception of like... the RM sound track...  :D).  

dot-ish

• Level 1
  • I have entered a world where i dont belong
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 01:59:46 AM »
Evanescence is awsome! I love there song ' Call me when you Sober"

Thats awsome

- D0t.
Theres no meaning of life... You think you know it, but you dont.

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 08:34:01 AM »
Luckily they didn't lose their only songwriter, and break ups are good for bands, in some cases. Look at Fleetwood Mac, No Doubt, and I am sure there are others that I am forgetting....

Anyway, I really liked the first album, but I think that I might like the second one a little bit better. I think that there was more feeling, something that was mentioned to have been lacking a bit in the first album. Amy has an amazing voice, I think.

Rukloph

• Level 2
  • ^^ Here's My Latin Excahnge Student
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 06:58:14 PM »
Luckily they didn't lose their only songwriter, and break ups are good for bands, in some cases. Look at Fleetwood Mac, No Doubt, and I am sure there are others that I am forgetting....

Yeah, others include Red Hot Chili Peppers + Even Nirvana (Nirvana and Kurt Cobain were more succesful after his death and the bands break up)

http://www.forbes.com/2006/10/23/tech-media_06deadcelebs_cx_pk_top-earning-dead-celebrities_land.html
According To Forbes Kurt Cobain earns the most money for a dead person, more than Elvis!

Anyway, I love Bring Me To Life. But it would not be as good if Paul McCoy did not provide backing vocals. They Rock Hard! Woo! Go Evanescence
Funkalicious,
Ruklin

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 06:41:27 AM »
See, now that was a nice, relevant, and informative post. More like this, and you would be welcome here.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 08:34:18 PM »
This article at MSN describes quite nicely what I think of this band
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16300742/?pg=8#anc_YIR_top10badsongs

You know that one girl from school who was absolutely certain she could sing, but really the only thing going for her was a powerful set of pipes capable of blotting out all other sound on the choral risers? And mean boys would make fun of her, but that didn’t stop her from bellowing every song on the radio? Well, now she’s in Evanescence, a sadly misguided group that thinks it’s rock or goth or something, but really it would make a great Heart tribute band. And apparently she’s mad at some guy.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

HANNIBALELANTRIAN

• Level 2
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »
They're not bad, but there are several foreign bands that came before them that are so much better. Among of them are: Within Temptation, Xandria, and Lacuna Coil. All of whom are, in my opinion, far superior.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 02:16:38 PM »
wow, just three more weeks and it would have been a whole year since the previous post.