Departments > Music

Cool Concerts

<< < (2/4) > >>

Aen Elderberry:
I just wish I could go see The Who.  Keith Moon won't be there but at least Pete's still around.

But it's either see The Who or have money to buy my children Christmas presents.  Maybe I should have posted this in the Grumpy Bear thread.

Miyabi:
A few weeks ago I went and saw Phantom Planet, Motion City Soundtrack, The Hush Sound, and Panic At The Disco, on the Honda Civic Tour. 

It is by far the best concert I've ever been too, although it might have helped that I was in the front row, very middle.

CthulhuKefka:
Saw Jethro Tull in Boston last week, was an awesome show. I've been a fan ever since I stole...errr borrowed my dad's "Songs from the Wood" album.  8)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo:

--- Quote from: miyabi on July 08, 2008, 05:48:57 PM ---A few weeks ago I went and saw Phantom Planet, Motion City Soundtrack, The Hush Sound, and Panic At The Disco, on the Honda Civic Tour. 

It is by far the best concert I've ever been too, although it might have helped that I was in the front row, very middle.

--- End quote ---

I saw this concert when it was in Detroit.  Despite the fact that I am disgusted by Panic! at the Disco, and disliked the other bands, it was a decent show.  Well put together--they must have had a large stage budget.  I guess that's what you get when you sell out to a major motor vehicle company.  My major complaints (other than the fact that I don't like the music) would be the monsoon of advertisements in the show, and being surrounded by Panic! at the Disco fans.  They were decent showmen, though, and while they didn't do anything too flashy, they interacted with the crowd well.

Queens of the Stone Age are by far one of the best shows I've seen.  They have good crowd interaction, they have good showmanship, and the crowd tends to get really into the music.  If they come by you, I would recommended them.

Also, We Are Scientists are a good show--they can be very flashy, and will waltz right through the crowd if they feel up to it.  When they play live, it sounds perfect--no mistakes, straight from the album.  Some people like live music to have differences from the album, if so, then this isn't the band for you to see.  The first time I saw them, I didn't know a single song and I had a blast--that tells you how good they are to see.

Bookstore Guy:
Thus far I have managed Incubus (twice), Our Lady Peace, Hoobastank, No Doubt, Depeche Mode (twice), Stabbing Westward, and Creed.  They were all good.  But the main event types I saw were:

U2 - They were amazing live.  Won the $135 tickets off the radio.
311 - So freaking good.  The last vestiges of Bob Marley and the Wailers opened.  So good.

and

Jamiroquai - House of Blues in Vegas.  The best show ever.  Played updated arrangements of their old songs, and killer versions of their new stuff.  My wife and I are considering a trip to Europe to see them again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version