Author Topic: A Question...  (Read 4731 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: A Question...
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2003, 07:46:30 PM »
TBH fellfrosch, i am fully capable of reading each one of those books in a single day. It is not like i am going to fall behind on your schedule. So yeah, count me in for whatever schedule you work up.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2003, 01:03:27 AM »
Heh, I have an 11 hour plane trip coming up. I'll get AT LEAST one or two books done. ~100 pages a week is a fair pace. Still let me do my other reading too. Now, to hit the library

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2003, 01:16:09 PM »
Since you all seem to be so huffy that I would dare to suggest that it takes you an entire week to read 100 pages, we'll do the first hundred in slightly less than a week. The first sub-book is due on Saturday, and I'll go start a thread right now where we can discuss it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2003, 01:18:57 PM »
I was going to suggest the following format.

Make an article for the website. Split it into 5 sections, for each subbook. Each section will have headers on what it contains plotwise, then at the end of the week we all email our comments to fell and he puts the article up. We discuss in the thread, then add a edited highlights to the article later. Repeat for each subbook, editing the article as we go.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2003, 03:14:17 PM »
I think it might be easier if we write our own review of the whole book (obviously working on it during each subbook) and then submit it to Fell, thereby giving him less to keep track of.

Starting Friday I will be out of town, with limited internet access until Saturday 28th, at which point I will probably have none. I'll be back on the 14th. I'll try to have the first book finished by then with sufficient comments.

So there's four of us?
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2003, 03:21:27 PM »
Nah, I guess I can take a trip down to the library and pick up the book. Maybe read it. See what I do.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo