Author Topic: Anne Coulters new book  (Read 7677 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Coulters new book
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2003, 03:27:25 PM »
We get Obi Wan Kinobi. Hes british!

We also have Voldermort... and the 4 gods of Chaos. Games Workshop is british! And we get Aslan.

But i suppose you get Paul Atridies from Dune. But we get captain picard, who comes complete with a starship!

Hum. Someone get me a list of British sci-fi and fantasy.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2003, 06:39:09 PM »
You can have Picard, and we'll even let you have the ship, but if we're going by nationality then we get the whole crew and Picard is floating around in a useless ship.

Actually, if we go by nationality, Picard is French. We wouldn't mind having him, but do you really want to keep him?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2003, 12:06:38 AM »
no no no. We're going by authors. Because otherwise you can claim any character published in your country. After all, Isn't Jackson an American? And he CONTROLS Gandalf and Sauron et al. Even if we go by actors, we still get most of the crew that laid the smack down on Sauron, so no worries.

But since it's by author, we get ALL the cast of Star Wars and Star Trek and several other SF shows. Also, Buffy, Superman, and most other Superheroes. Britain would eat it.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Anne Coulter's new book
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2003, 11:48:06 AM »
If you're talking about Peter Jackson, then no, actually, he's a Kiwi. New Zealander through and through. Haven't you seen any of the Making Of specials? He talks in them, and it's definitely a New Zealand (or maybe Australian, I'm no expert) accent. Unless he's been naturalized, which I have no idea about.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2003, 11:49:33 AM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2003, 12:15:03 PM »
Yeah, he's a native New Zealander.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2003, 11:16:25 PM »
No, don't watch them.

But he's obviously not a factor.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2003, 02:35:32 AM »
Well, we get Rand and the Dark One, not to mention a fleet of annoying, conniving, manipulative Aie Sedai (or however you spell it.)  Those folks might be growing a bit tedious to read about, but they're nothing to sniff about in a war.  

Of course, if it did come to blows, the Japaneese would probably jump in.  Hum.  Gandalf vs Darth Vader vs Godzilla....
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2003, 08:13:48 AM »
Wasn't dave prowse, the guy who acted Darth Vadar, british? And since Qui Gonn was a scottish actor, that means that a disturbingly high proportion of jedi are, in fact, british. Add to this the fact that 300thousand people put "Jedi knight" as their religion, and i think i feel another "Real world..." thing coming on. Lets see... the Empire: overbearing, arrogant, stupid, cumbersome, with pathetic armies and questionable morals... who could that be? (Hint - they eat frogs)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2003, 11:23:47 AM »
Watch this guys, this'll really piss Entropy off

I didn't know the British ate frogs....

*giggle*

most of the empire's officers, at least, have accents from the British Isles, which means that it doesn't matter how good your heroes are, since every single other person in your army pretty much sucks it.

Besides, the VOICE for Vader is definitely American. so we have as much claim. Plus we get Dooku, who while has the dumbest Jedi name ever, was able to take down Kenobi AND Skywalker at the same time. He was also able to fight Yoda to a standstill. We'll take him.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2003, 11:47:44 AM »
also in episode 3 a different person is going to be vader
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2003, 12:12:36 PM »
Technically, Vader has been played by four people: the little kid, Hayden Christensen, James Earl Jones, and David Prowse. Only one is British, so we get Vader. You can keep the rest of the empire, who are probalby not worth the trouble (as has been mentioned).

The thing we have touched on but not really discussed, however, is that we already won. We have Indiana Jones, and I defy anyone to find a better hero. The man can do anything, and has more coolness points than the rest of these people put together. There's not much point figuring out who else is on your team, because once Indiana Jones gets into things I really think it's game over for everyone else.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2003, 12:46:34 PM »
and not only that, we also have Han Solo1 I mean hello? And Superman when he's out of his wheelchair. Plus 75% of all the super heros and villains are American or live in an American city.

We mop the floor with you.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 12:47:42 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2003, 01:49:45 AM »
I have to repeat SE's objection of earlier.  We can't go by nationality of actors--that's too chaotic.  Any movie with dubbing has different voice acting, at least.  As has been mentioned, several different actors have played the same character.  We have to go by nationality of the original author.  You get everyone from Lord of the Rings, we get everyone from Star Wars.  If you want to talk actors, then that's a completely different discussion.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2003, 04:23:07 PM »
Ha speak of the devil.  On Hannity & Combes (fox news) Ann Coulter is going to duke it out (as they said) with a liberal that hates her and her book.  Will I watch?  No but it is tempting to see two people that sicken me argue.  Who needs fear factor when you've got this stuff.  "Now for $1,000 you have to watch Anne Coulter and a die hard liberal argue for 10 minutes without jabing your eyes out or cutting your ears off."
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2003, 02:09:15 AM »
She makes me ill. Just as ill as Ted Kennedy would if I were confronted with his book.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!