Author Topic: Superfly Weekend Edition (Just a dollar extra!!!!)  (Read 10635 times)

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: Superfly Weekend Edition (Just a dollar extra!
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2005, 06:23:23 AM »
I am alone in my insomnia. Too tired to write. So I've decided to have a conversation with myself. If anyone happens onto the site, you're welcome to join in.

Actually, I'm going to take some herbal pills. They don't always work, but I'm desperate. I think I'll take like four--there herbs, they can't hurt, right?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 06:32:23 AM by Chimera »
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2005, 06:34:42 AM »
My story is bugging me right now because I want to kill off a character but for political reasons I think this character needs to live a little longer. I can't decide--move on with the story or develop the political conflict more. The character will die a horrible death now or later. I just can't figure out when.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2005, 06:39:41 AM »
I watched The 10th Kingdom last week. It was like a miniseries on ABC awhile ago. I got it on DVD at Blockbuster while I as sick and needed something to pass the time. I don't know if anyone else has seen it. Kind of interesting--it played with a lot of fairytale elements as a father and daughter from our world wondered through a kingdom where fairytales are real. I liked how it played with deeper themes, like overcoming fear and learning to love again. But it was also kind of silly sometimes.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2005, 06:42:57 AM »
Wow, I read over my posts and saw a bunch of spelling mistakes. Oh, well. I think I'm going to go write until I fall asleep. That sometimes works. Only problem is then I'm sleeping with my laptop on my lap, and subconsciously I know it is there, so I don't really sleep well because I'm worried about knocking over my laptop.

Okay, enough silliness of talking to myself. I'll go try meditating or something. I really need sleep.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2005, 11:51:27 AM »
I do that too, Chimera. And so I end up not moving at all during the night. I tend to do that when I fall asleep with a really heavy book on my chest, too--it weighs enough that I am afraid to move and wake up entirely too stiff.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

cyan10101

• Level 6
  • the spice is vital for space travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2005, 09:41:18 PM »
i have seen the 10th kingdom.  it was ok, not the best of their miniseries movies they have done.  The trolls were pretty stupid though,  but i liked the idea.
everything was going fine, until i critically failed my intelligence check!

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2005, 03:07:30 AM »
Yeah, I liked the idea. And I liked some of what they did. **Spoilers** I thought it was a really powerful moment when Virginia confronted her mother and learned the truth about the night that she left. Virginia had suppressed the truth--that her mother had tried to drown her. And Virginia had all sorts of issues--she was afraid to love because she was so hurt when her mother left. I got a little emotional when Virginia kissed her mother after she had defeated and killed her. You still go on loving people that close to you--even when they hurt you.

So I really liked that--how it tied fairytale elements to these deeper issues and emotional growth. But then it was just goofy sometimes. Like the trolls--I agree that they were pretty stupid.

cyan10101

• Level 6
  • the spice is vital for space travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2005, 05:22:01 AM »
i am trying to think of which of their movies were my favorite.  I think the Odyssey was pretty good, and Arabian Nights was pretty good.
everything was going fine, until i critically failed my intelligence check!

Missing_Link

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2005, 01:36:20 PM »
Me and my wife rented "The 10th Kingdom" a few months ago and watched it over the course of a few evenings.  And I've just got to say that my very favorite part of that whole series was the trolls.  Seriously, they were such bad actors and had such horrible lines that they were the funniest part of the whole movie.  "Go suck an elf!" is now a common insult around our household.
Some things you just love because of how dumb they are, look at how far Chris Farley got.  Anyways, people here are going on about the deep issues of this movie, I just had to make a plug for the trolls.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2005, 02:02:08 PM »
I did think "Suck an elf" was a pretty creative swear phrase, as far as fantasy swear words go.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2005, 03:45:28 PM »
I did think "Suck an elf" was a pretty creative swear phrase, as far as fantasy swear words go.

Sounds pretty dirty to me, but then I know too many Legolas enthusiasts.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2005, 06:14:13 PM »
I guess I just pictured the trolls eating an elf--like slurping it down head first, or using the elf's head as a lollipop. Didn't even think of it being dirty. Wups.  :-[

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2005, 08:02:35 PM »
I have a feeling it was intended that way, I'm afraid I just tend to have my mind in the gutter.

;D
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2005, 04:01:37 AM »
Am I the only one spending the evening before Thanksgiving as bored as I am? I don't know what happened to my evening. I think I fell asleep. Now it's midnight and I can't sleep, but I'm not fresh enough to do something interesting like write.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2005, 06:26:30 AM »
I spent all that day roofing, and then went to bed when I got home.  Plus my close cousin died the day before, and my uncle the day before that.  So not really bored, but it wasn't fun.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.