Author Topic: Slayers  (Read 3347 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Slayers
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2004, 06:26:34 AM »
I met Ryan Flake (again) at Anime Expo. Actually, he and I were in the same ward at BYU for a semester or two. He lived on the 6th floor of R Hall, and I lived on the 7th. It was freaky when he walked up to the booth--I recognized him instantly but had no clue where from.

Alethea and Athena's old home teacher is in my ward now... I missed meeting them at AX. Yeah, I guess they want to do voice acting. They currently translate a lot of stuff, like Ai Yori Aoshi.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2004, 09:11:08 AM »
Ya they use to be in one of my Japanese classes at BYU, they confused Watanabe Sensei.  He had no idea what they were talking about when they said they wanted to be voice actors (in Japanese) he dosne't know "anime" vocabulary despite:

1) being Japanese

2) being one of the best and most knowalgble Japanese language instructors in the US.

It was pretty funny.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Sharm

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Drakecastle
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2004, 11:20:51 PM »
I was at AX too.  Actually, I think I was there when Ryan was talking to you, Ookla.  (Hmm, can't remember what you looked like....)

And to keep this from going completely off topic:  Slayers RULES!  ^_~
Sharm @~`~