Author Topic: Kidnapped by Hippies  (Read 5639 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Kidnapped by Hippies
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 01:30:15 PM »
Protein too!
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 03:01:44 PM »
Trouble w/ breads and pasta is they sometimes have added simple carbs, right? But she should be able to find no-added sugar breads and stuff. I hope.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 04:09:57 AM »
I appreciate the concern. But don't worry...I'm not dead yet!  ;) And I actually broke down on Valentine's Day and had some sugar. At Institute they were passing around Lindt Lindor truffle balls...I couldn't resist! However, the nice thing is that it hasn't triggered any cravings.

And, no, I can't eat pastas and breads to gain weight.  :D At least, not for now. I have a wheat sensitivity--as long as my body is acting hypoallergenic, I avoid enriched flour and processed foods. However, there will be a time again that I can eat whole grains, like brown rice and other non-GMO forms of wheat like spelt, kamut, and quinoa. Just not now. But I eat protein at every meal, so there's very little chance of me disappearing.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 11:55:36 AM »
Well, I love my whey protein shakes. They're a great source of protein and whey is one of the easiest (if not the easiest) protein to digest as well as being low in fat and calories. They may not taste the *greatest* but it's doable and it's only a cup of liquid and you're done. You can have them with anything, including water.