Author Topic: review: Wizard's Conclave  (Read 1321 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: review: Wizard's Conclave
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 01:05:03 PM »
Wasn't planning on buying it.
Now I'm safe.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 03:26:57 AM »
If you're lucky, the bad review might discourage you from getting any more free D&D books you have to review.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 08:46:17 AM »
Actualy the whole wizard "alignment" makes sence if a compentent author actualy handles it.  Basicaly it's not realy so much the Wizards alignment as it is the god's that granting you the magic.  Also the colors of the robes are the colors of the moons.

The scorecer thing is a little more intreting and harder to justify, but those that read all the Wise and Hickman books (both the original series and the newer ones) won't think it so strange (actualy the sorcerrer class was originaly designed for the Dragon Lance setting before 3.0).  But I'm not going to defend a bad book or bother justifying a setting, mostly just explaineing since from your review you said it wasn't explained.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 08:56:16 AM »
the connection to the moons, is, in text, mentioned. However, they had such generic personalities. This one wants to kill a whole tribe of dwarves, this one uses anyone to his own ends and thinks anyone else is worthless, bleh. Pretty generic evil without motive in the book. Some of the characters are from other stories, and I know in those books they DO have motives. But that didn't make this one any better.