Author Topic: review: Half-Blood Prince  (Read 2662 times)

Patrick_Gibbs

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: review: Half-Blood Prince
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 11:47:55 AM »
I stand by my original phrasing. While only the one felt really forced, (and if Harry ddin't know about it, we didn't know about it, therefore it came out of nowhere to us, even if it had been building off the page),  I still feel that she piled in a lot of them at once. But I see your point nonetheless.
"It takes man to suffer ignorance and smile. Be yourself, no matter what they."
- Sting

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 12:51:35 PM »
well, there ARE things we know that Harry doesn't know in that book, so that's not the best argument

Patrick_Gibbs

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 01:25:53 AM »
Yes, there are many things that Harry doesn't know that we don't - that is my point exactly, and that is the entire basis for the series - but this particular one just felt a little forced to me. That being said, I am LOVED the book. I am one the biggest fans the Harry Potter series has, so I am be no means belittling it. This particular plot point involved my favorite character, so it just felt a littel weird to me. By I am rereading the book right now, and I'm sure I will warm up to it.

Does that make everyone happy?
"It takes man to suffer ignorance and smile. Be yourself, no matter what they."
- Sting

scAri

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 11:14:22 PM »
I also value the characters above most people I know in real life. I just finished the book, and I haven't cried so hard since yesterday when I realized what must happen.