Author Topic: Angels and Demons  (Read 1700 times)

chill

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • GO UTES!!
    • View Profile
Angels and Demons
« on: July 04, 2005, 01:18:10 PM »
I just finished a book that I really enjoyed.  I’m not too sure that there is wide appeal for this book here, but I thought I’d throw a comment out and see what comes back!

"Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown was written before "Da Vinci Code", and is a great deal less controversial.  The book features the same main character as "Da Vinci Code", Robert Langdon, a religious symbologist from Harvard.  In this book, Langdon is trying to track down the Illuminati to prevent an attack on the Vatican.

The book is fast paced, edgy, and interesting to me, a bit of an academic.  There are many quirky plot twists that garnered authentic surprise.  All in all, a great read for a long summer day.

Has anyone else read this?  Thoughts?
GO UTES!!

Captain Morgan

• Level 11
  • Captain Morgan - The Nectar of the Gods...
    • View Profile
Re: Angels and Demons
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 12:54:57 AM »
I like all of Dan Brown's books. But I after having read all, you could start to see a pattern with how he writes, and by the last two, I solved the book by the first 50 pages. It was still a fun read, but the thrill Angels and Demons / Da Vinci Code gave me was long gone. I would read his future novels, and I like the possibilities he throws out there. As a conspiracy theorist my self he offered some ideas that I like to indulge in myself. It just makes me feel less crazy :P
"Why make billions when we could make ......... millions?" - Dr. Evil
http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/austin_powers/drevil.wav

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
Re: Angels and Demons
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 03:25:26 AM »
I've only read a few chapters, but this was the book that inspired much insomnia due to contemplation of my future as a physicist... Proving God through science is a concept that's had me obsessed for months and now I've finally settled on becoming a bloody brain surgeon.  ;D