Author Topic: review: Dragon's Bait  (Read 1747 times)

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
Re: review: Dragon's Bait
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 03:47:02 PM »
You found it!!! I've been wondering what the name of that book was since high school. I read it in junior high at the suggestion of my librarian who knew I loved fantasy (she is also responsible for introducing me to Patricia C. Wrede and Dealing with Dragons). I really enjoyed it but I could only remember the story, nothing about the title or the author or even the characters names. I remembered the golden dragon and the tin button.  ::)

Thank you very much.  :D

/gush
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 06:05:13 PM »
You should thank Chimera.  She wrote the article.

Comment:  I've already proofread this one, but it's less fun to do so BEFORE it's been formatted.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 06:31:40 PM »
Yay! My review is up! And I made Mistress of Darkness happy! That makes me happy! (Hence all the exclamation points!)

After a very awful day, this is a good thing.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 07:32:56 PM »
MoD, if you liked this book, I would recommend some of VVV's others. Never Trust a Dead Man is very good. So is Heir Apparent, which uses virtual reality role-playing in it. The precursor to that is another role-playing novel User Unfriendly. Magic Can Be Murder is similar in feel to Dragon's Bait--the same style and humor.

I think Never Trust a Dead Man is my favorite. But I also really like her short story compilations, like Curses, Inc., The Rumplestiltskin Problem, and Tales from the Brothers Grimm and the Sisters Weird. The latter has one of the best titles ever, I think.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"