Author Topic: CHERUB  (Read 1474 times)

The Bot

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I have a PhD in comedy, & a diploma in..in..Fiona?
    • View Profile
    • Fantastic Fantasy
CHERUB
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:24:44 PM »
Has anyone read this series, as I am in the middle of "Class A" and really enjoying it. It has a very carefree auhtorative style, whereas Harry Potter is written seriously. It's no joke book, though, as it is based on the child branch of the secret service!
Frankly, I'm shocked. But, even more frankly, I'm always shocked.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: CHERUB
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:38:59 PM »
No, I haven't read it. I haven't even heard of it. Is it any good? Sounds a bit like Alias for kids.

I'd probably like it. I love spy books because I always wanted to be a spy when I was younger and be all clever and sneaky and totally kick-butt--until I had the realization that it'd be hard to have a family if I was running off to save the world, and that they'd be in danger all the time as well. So, I decided to go into English and writing/editing/teaching instead. Somewhat safer, though probably just as insane.  ;)
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

The Bot

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • Fantastic Fantasy
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »
No, I haven't read it. I haven't even heard of it. Is it any good? Sounds a bit like Alias for kids.

I'd probably like it. I love spy books because I always wanted to be a spy when I was younger and be all clever and sneaky and totally kick-butt--until I had the realization that it'd be hard to have a family if I was running off to save the world, and that they'd be in danger all the time as well. So, I decided to go into English and writing/editing/teaching instead. Somewhat safer, though probably just as insane.  ;)

Ha ha ha.

I'm sure it is; all my English teachers were!!!

Yes they are good. The first one's called "The Recruit", and they're by Robert Muchamore. I used to want to be a spy, and my sister did, but we've realised that it's a rocky path full of deception and difficulties. Possibly similar to teaching?...

CHERUBOY7

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 06:11:27 AM »
Ive almost finished class a and they are so brilliant these books!! Read them please u will luv dem!!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »
/me watches his brain hemorage over that post.

The Bot

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • Fantastic Fantasy
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 01:43:31 PM »
You can say that again.