Author Topic: American Psycho, Bret Ellis  (Read 1349 times)

darkjetti81

American Psycho, Bret Ellis
« on: April 30, 2006, 02:13:14 AM »
This Novel started a huge up-roar when it was first published.  People demanded it to be taken off the shelves because of it's violence, seemingly anti-feminism, and the overall vulgarity.

After seeing the movie starring Christian Bale, I had to read the novel and see what all the fuss was about.

Bret Ellis, also the author of "The Rules of Attraction" and "The Informers," wrote "American Psycho" in the 1990's.  It was based on the idea of:  What would it be like to enter the mind of a sociopathic killer - in first person.

I have to say this was the most violent book I have ever read.  And I only read it out of morbid curiousity.  It had it's moments, but overall it's hard to imagine the author having the balls to publish this and not expect public protest!  

Well, if you've read it or maybe you just watched the movie, let me know what you think.

drum2dadrum

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Gummy Bear Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: American Psycho, Bret Ellis
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 01:43:26 AM »
I've seen neither the movie or read the book, but it seems interesting. Anything that deserves people's hard earned time to protest must be something worty of my time :).