Author Topic: Summer of my German Soldier  (Read 1611 times)

So_Blonde

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Summer of my German Soldier
« on: September 24, 2006, 02:29:32 PM »
Has any one read this book. Please post about it here.
Are you ready for  2007?:) I am!!

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
Re: Summer of my German Soldier
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 03:40:12 PM »
Why do you ask. Have you read it. If so, what did you think about it. Please give us your opinion?
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

So_Blonde

• Level 3
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 07:11:41 PM »
Yes I have read it. I thought it was sad and alittle dull. It was most sad when Patty(main) found out Anton(german soldier) died. I thought the was dull because it leaves you hanging and readers probaly want to know what happened to Patty after being caught for helping Anton and sent to a Reformery camp.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »
Well, if you want, you can read the sequel, Morning is a Long Time Coming, when she goes to Europe to find his mother. There is some almost-sex in it though.

One thing that struck me about these books is how her mother is always criticizing her and saying she's only being helpful, and then she tells her mother her gray roots are showing (even though they're not) to see what her reaction will be. I can't remember what she determined from the experiment, but it was an interesting part.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

So_Blonde

• Level 3
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 08:16:07 PM »
I have been looking for the sequel but I can't seem to find it in any book store I go to :-[. I didn't like the mom. What kind of mom calls her kid ugly. >:(. I also didn't like the parts when the Father beat her. Oh and hold old was Anton anyway?

Madame_Lula

• Level 1
  • I dont quite know what to put??!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 08:21:21 PM »
I think that he was in his twenty's but i dont really think that it matters it just emphasized the fact that they werent supposed to be together!!
Love many, watch your back, and always paddle your own kayak.

So_Blonde

• Level 3
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 09:25:36 PM »
 I know they were should have been together but still it's nasty :P but that's what I think. ;)