Author Topic: Harry Potter Tease -- Will he die?  (Read 10034 times)

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter Tease -- Will he die?
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 05:53:56 PM »
The Chicken travels to Memphis and becomes an Elvis impersonator but then finds out that his mentor's brother was the main character's best friend he ate.

That's brilliant; can I have you autograph?
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 01:41:26 AM »
I'm serious, here. Rak, please tell me, if the main character and his friends die midway through the book, what happens for the rest of the book?
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

chunktile

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 11:12:14 PM »
I have an idea! J.K. Rowling types a few more pages about how the world is after the deaths of all the main characters and then makes the book triple-spaced with 1.5 inch margins and kills more trees than her previous books combined! ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 11:12:25 PM by chunktile »
If everyone is different, then no one is the same. With no definition of the normal, aren't we all insane?

The Bot

• Level 6
  • I have a PhD in comedy, & a diploma in..in..Fiona?
    • View Profile
    • Fantastic Fantasy
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2006, 05:26:27 AM »
I think that he'll die right at the end of the seventh book.
But in doing so saves the world from voldemort or something similar.
It's so steriotypical, why can't they make a book where the main character dies half way through and his best friends get eaten by a large chicken, that would make a great book.

PS. When Potter does die, they should make a spin-off called Ginger Weasley, where Ron is the main character

But Ron would be dead; "...his best friends get eaten by a large chicken...".
Although a spin-off starring someone dead would certainly be original. And boring.
Frankly, I'm shocked. But, even more frankly, I'm always shocked.

chunktile

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2006, 08:20:13 PM »

But Ron would be dead; "...his best friends get eaten by a large chicken...".
Although a spin-off starring someone dead would certainly be original. And boring.

Not if J.K. pulled something where Ron is a ghost. Even that would be a rip off of some other stories, though.
If everyone is different, then no one is the same. With no definition of the normal, aren't we all insane?

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 04:40:35 PM »
Or she could just have Harry die and his spirit go back in time and start a new series about that, thus being in full compliance with her "only seven books" thing
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

GLE

• Level 3
  • blah blah blah blah blah.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2006, 03:25:33 PM »
or maybe hermione becomes amazingly powerful and finishes off voldemort herself! ;D ha that would be funny

Zenki_Fish

• Level 2
  • ZENKI_POISSON
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2006, 05:06:49 PM »
I think he will die but that is just what i think

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2006, 10:42:32 PM »
Yes, but when someone rights something that extends on what is already wrote, all they have to do in order to be able to publish it is put 'Based on the book such-and-such by so-and-so', and it is legal.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2006, 10:51:34 PM »
Okay, my personal theory is that in trying to kill Harry Voldemort accidently made Harry his seventh horcrux.  This could be what caused him to lose most of his power.  This would also explain the profecy which said that one cannot die as long as the other lives, or something along those lines.

So in order for Harry kill Voldemort, he himself will have to die.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »
Miyabi, please don't double post unless it's been like 30+ minutes between posting times, it's something that annoys the regulars around here and they'll point it out to you in probably less pleasant ways.

As I mentioned in your Hello thread there's a FAQ that would be a good idea to look through.  It's written mostly by EUOL so you could consider it a prequel of Elantris if that makes reading it easer.

http://www.timewastersguide.com/boards/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news;action=display;num=1080380396
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Swiggly

• Level 4
  • Here's for trying, rhymes with dying
    • View Profile
    • Gaia Online Account
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2006, 04:38:06 AM »

You'd be surprised. This is really bizzare, but just today I read in some old blog on the Internet about a disgruntled fan who wrote and published a "corrected" version of HP and the Half-Blood Prince. I can't find the exact blog, but here's another link.
http://www.watleyreview.com/2005/072605-3.html

What a blithering idiot!
As a writer, this really bothers me. You, a fan and NOT the author of the work, cannot take it and change the book to suit your liking and then *publish* it (granted, it was on the Internet, but still). And you, a fan, are not in a position to say whether or not the author has followed "the true Harry Potter mythos." She created Harry Potter--it's her mythos, loser!!! She can do with it what she wants! And claiming that if you publish it the world and characters become the property of the people is just baloney. What about copyright? This sort of thing makes me really leery of fanfiction--and the people who write it. (If you read in the article about her version, you'll probably laugh at how stupid it is. I did.)

No wonder J. K. Rowling is tempted to kill off her characters--with pyscho fans like this woman!

But, all this aside, it does kind of sound like, with that "hate mail comment" discussed in the first post, that Harry might be in danger. And I'm getting pretty worried about Ron and Hermione, too.

Oh, that just made me crack up. "She just doesn't know Harry Potter like I do"

She's the author. She made him up. She is his creator. That is so fatuous, I cannot believe.
I want to be a publisher at Tor Fantasy when I grow up.

YAY

Swiggly

• Level 4
  • Here's for trying, rhymes with dying
    • View Profile
    • Gaia Online Account
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2006, 04:41:11 AM »
I think it would be wonderful if Harry is about to be killed by voldemort and dobby goes and kills him instead.
I want to be a publisher at Tor Fantasy when I grow up.

YAY

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2006, 02:05:29 PM »
As I mentioned in your Hello thread there's a FAQ that would be a good idea to look through.  It's written mostly by EUOL so you could consider it a prequel of Elantris if that makes reading it easer.

LOL. That's a good one, Sprig.  ;)
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Rocnerd

• Level 1
  • MOΛΩN ΛABÉ
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2006, 12:29:56 PM »
The Chicken travels to Memphis and becomes an Elvis impersonator but then finds out that his mentor's brother was the main character's best friend he ate.

"You wear a disguise to look like human guise, but you're not a man you're a chicken, Boo."

I had a flash of the Animaniacs with the mention of the Elvis impersonating chicken.