Author Topic: ***Spoiler*** Lemony Snicket  (Read 21233 times)

MAa_sprig_smells

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: ***Spoiler*** Lemony Snicket
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »
Thank you very much for pointing that out. Now to get back to what this forum is all about, I believe that in the final book, Count Olaf will burn to death, after a fire caused by the people on the good side of the schism. It does seem a little ironic, yes, but that is my belief.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2006, 04:57:17 PM »
Don't be alarmed by threads getting off topic. That happens a lot, although it's all right to bring them back on topic.

That would be ironic for Olaf to burn. It seems like the last book could go in so many directions that it's hard for me to speculate. I'm excited for it to come out, though. It doesn't look like the Web site for Lemony Snicket says when it will be. Guess we'll just have to wait for an announcement.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2006, 12:29:36 PM »
I've read all the books (well nearly. just waiting for book 12 to be free in the library) but there is one thing I do not understand. Why are all the houses that are part of V.F.D linked. I do know that this may have been explained and I'm just not to good at reading a whole page of writing but could someone explain it to me.

General German_Hamburger

German Hamburger--if you are still confused about VFD you should read the Unauthorized Autobiography of Lemony Snicket. That's where I draw my understanding of VFD from. It answers questions and raises a few more. But it makes the later books and VFD make more sense--in the strange, absurdist way the books do.

And I also am an advocate of coherent English and intelligent conversation. I hope we can continue to have that on this thread.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

CHERUBOY7

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2006, 03:50:10 PM »
   Count Olaf may be a horrible person, but even when he says that "he does not speak monkey", he shouldn't burn to death. He should be hung, drawn and quartered grievously by sunny baudelaire.
  mr. poe will not appear in the last book, but the baudelaires will return to the village of fowl devotees, as the crows in book 12 couldn't have came from just anywhere.
  Also, in the twelth book, there is a HUGE clue that Olaf will not be burned to death. It says that he always borrows a load of matches and suff with him everywhere he goes, so if he arranges the matches so they look like him, he will fake his own death for the 3rd time in the series and because everyone isn't very smart, the people will THINK that he is the amouldering pile of ashes.
  (Also, there will be a fourteenth book, because on lemony snicket's website, hidden in the deepest corners of it, it clearly states that there will definately be a fourteenth book. Even a blind mouse could see that!!)
  Find it at lemonysnicket.com

So_Blonde

• Level 3
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2006, 09:19:34 PM »
I 'm new here but I've heard the new book the 13 comes out Oct. 13 06.Has any one else heard to confirm?  :-/
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 05:54:26 PM by So_Blonde »
Are you ready for  2007?:) I am!!

German_Hamburger

• Level 3
  • I love hamburgers. Especially German ones.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2006, 06:00:27 PM »

(Also, there will be a fourteenth book, because on lemony snicket's website, hidden in the deepest corners of it, it clearly states that there will definately be a fourteenth book. Even a blind mouse could see that!!)
  Find it at lemonysnicket.com

Why would LS make a 14th book even though many people see 13 as an unlucky number, to me it seems a bit stupid to end 'a series of UNFORTUNATE events' on book number 14 when he could end it on an unlucky number. That probably sounds a bit odd but it is just a thought.

German_Hamburger
PS: I am no longer going to be a stupid, annoying idiot, and I will speak in proper English, well to some extent.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 06:01:23 PM by German_Hamburger »
Nick
7s
K.E.G.S

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2006, 06:36:51 PM »
PS: I am no longer going to be a stupid, annoying idiot, and I will speak in proper English, well to some extent.

If you want us to forget that you were being a stupid, annoying idiot I would stop reminding us. Makes sense, eh?
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

So_Blonde

• Level 3
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2006, 10:52:01 PM »
 ;The 13th book does come out on Oct 13th 06. It say it on the lemony snicket web site   ;D

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2006, 12:44:26 PM »
Yeah, I'm so excited. I can't wait to find out what it all means! You know, I don't think they're going to make any more movies of Lemony Snicket. I think they would have announced something by now and IMDB doesn't have any info on new movies (which they usually do from the moment the movie is even in the thoughts of the producers). I guess it just doesn't translate well onto film. My husband, who has not read the books, did not like the movie at all and was totally against us owning it.

So_Blonde

• Level 3
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »
There is also anther book. It's called Notorious Notations. It's about Olaf. It' probaly like L.S.U.A. I also heard there is one about Beatrice. ;)

Rak-O-Latern

• Level 4
  • I smile coz I have no idea whats going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2006, 04:14:57 PM »
 :PInteresting Fact
"Just coz I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."- Homer Simpson

So_Blonde

• Level 3
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2006, 06:43:20 PM »
Notorious Notions probaly just explains things.Like the Unauthorized Autobiography. I don't think it's  the 14th book. In in fact I don't think there's a 14th book. Any one who reads Notorious Notions please explain further.

Rak-O-Latern

• Level 4
  • I smile coz I have no idea whats going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2006, 04:57:52 AM »
Mr Stabby, do do doo do do do!!!
"Just coz I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."- Homer Simpson

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2006, 01:38:21 AM »
Coherent thoughts please.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2006, 01:00:37 PM »
Notorious Notions probaly just explains things.Like the Unauthorized Autobiography. I don't think it's  the 14th book. In in fact I don't think there's a 14th book. Any one who reads Notorious Notions please explain further.

I'd go with that: it's not a 14th book (just as the Unauthorized Autobiography is not one of the books). There are only going to be 13--13 is an unlucky number and the 12 was the Penultimate Peril, which means second to the last peril, so only 13 in the actual series. I really need to get the Notorious Notions. On to Amazon.com . . .