Author Topic: ***Spoiler*** Lemony Snicket  (Read 21235 times)

The Bot

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I have a PhD in comedy, & a diploma in..in..Fiona?
    • View Profile
    • Fantastic Fantasy
Re: ***Spoiler*** Lemony Snicket
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2006, 04:42:20 AM »
I think the passages were to escape the fires set by the bad side of the schism. Lemony wouldn't be their father because he is dead, and also because he and Beatrice never married; she ran away with someone else.
Frankly, I'm shocked. But, even more frankly, I'm always shocked.

German_Hamburger

• Level 3
  • I love hamburgers. Especially German ones.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2006, 05:22:34 AM »
Well Simon thanks for ruining all my theories brilliant. But I have more. V.F.D will mean a place. Thats where all the members of V.F.D who have had their houses burnt down will meet. They will all be alive somehow. Oh and the Quagmires and Baudelaires will eventually meet together and destroy Olaf or burn him in 10ft high flames.

P.C German_Hamburger
Nick
7s
K.E.G.S

German_Hamburger

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2006, 05:57:38 AM »
\This isnt really a spoiler. Its just a question. If the LS books were about the Quagmires and not the Baudeliaires would you prefer the books
Nick
7s
K.E.G.S

CHERUBOY7

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2006, 06:19:00 AM »
No because they're both about the same thing, so it would mostly just be a case of changing the names around. Not to mention the fact that I would feel like a traitor to the Baudelaires!

German_Hamburger

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2006, 06:23:29 AM »
Ah but if all of the books were about the quagmires and i asked if it would be better with the baudelaires you would say you felt like a traitor to the quagmires. ANd its not the same thing. tHE QUAGMIRES are different because theyu thought they had lost their brother as well as parents. So you would feel more sorry for them. And as I put on another forum the more sorry you feel for a character the More you like them. The quagmieres do seem to have been through more as well.
Nick
7s
K.E.G.S

German_Hamburger

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2006, 11:49:50 AM »
http://www.lemonysnicket.com/books.cfm

This may shed some light on a few things. But other than that itds just a fun website to go on.
Nick
7s
K.E.G.S

The Bot

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • Fantastic Fantasy
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2006, 06:09:11 AM »
That reply was a bit short. If you've been told to read the faq you should also follow it.

The books may be short, but there are lots of books, and the Baudelaires' adventures don't last long.

Imagine how short they would be if Lemony used the whole page and normal-sized font!

dankezman

• Level 3
  • Me ^^^^^^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2006, 11:41:16 AM »
1)Since when have you a level 3 been the most experienced person who nows everthing
2) I have a strange theory that doesnt really work but..... here goes
Count Olaf is there mother
Lemony is their father
Kit is there aunt
Beatrice is there step mother
Mr Poe is there borther??
I know its random but thats the way books works
I went thro town and walked straight into the bar. It hurt.

The Bot

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • Fantastic Fantasy
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2006, 02:15:45 PM »
Uh...NO!
Count Olaf is not a woman, Lemony would never love Olaf, and I don't know how Beatrice came into it. Have you read all the books?

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2006, 05:34:31 PM »
This thread has turned into an abomination. The attempts at English are appalling. The_Bot, you are doing alright, but German and dankezman, you really need to work on that whole thinking deal. If you two don't stop acting like idiots, then we are going to continue to make fun of you mercilessly. And you will deserve it. Use full sentences. Use passable grammar and spelling. Form coherent thoughts. If you are going to say something, make sure it is something that is beneficial to the conversation. If you are going to start a thread, make sure that you introduce a topic for discussion. This does not mean starting a topic called "Pollitticks" (Note the misspelling), and starting the conversation with, "I think the Democrats roxxorz, wut do u think?" If you can't find something that is going to spark conversation, then don't start a thread. By the way, if you read the FAQ, all of this stuff is in there.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

dankezman

• Level 3
  • Me ^^^^^^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2006, 01:49:28 PM »
Archon, I hope you decide to agree with me on this. Is th is site a site for people to discuss books in posh and proper grammatics. Or can we be just casual?

A Disturbed Dankezman
I went thro town and walked straight into the bar. It hurt.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2006, 01:52:16 PM »
Intelligible grammar that doesn't make a mockery the English language is a pre-requisite to having an intelligent discussion on any subject.

MAa_sprig_smells

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2006, 04:15:43 PM »
I am most inclined to agree with e eats everything, and I think that if more people in this world would speak the queen's English, the world would be a better place.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2006, 04:40:13 PM »
Archon, I hope you decide to agree with me on this. Is th is site a site for people to discuss books in posh and proper grammatics.

That's EXACTLY what that is.  If you are using the internet, statistically you should have received at least some basic, government-mandated education regarding the English language.  If you can't act educated we don't want you here.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2006, 04:42:46 PM »
First I'd like to point out that there was a study that showed that even the Queen doesn't speak the "Queen's English" as told to me by a Linguistics major friend of mine. Just a fun tidbit.

Two, to German_Hamburger, please DO NOT post four times in a row (in fact, don't post more than once in a row). If you want to add something after posting, click on "Modify" and edit your post. This is one of the rules in the FAQ. Also, listen to Archon and e. They make valid points. We are here for intelligent discussions. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 04:43:09 PM by Tink »