Author Topic: What are you reading, part 3  (Read 311087 times)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
Re: What are you reading, part 3
« Reply #840 on: August 06, 2009, 04:23:04 AM »
Silk is your name Prince Kehlands or whatever's

And if anyone has read Game of Thrones im almost at page 300 and i despise Sansa
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 05:18:34 AM by Champion Kaz »
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #841 on: August 06, 2009, 06:38:07 PM »
Just finished GoT and Sansa is redeemed a little bit, but I agree she is the most annoying character in the book. I seem to be reading the series in competition with someone else at my library. And they read much slower than I do.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #842 on: August 06, 2009, 07:37:55 PM »
Silk is your name Prince Kehlands or whatever's

Do you mean Prince Kheldar? From the Belgariad? If so, then yes (I know, because I'm one of the ones who dubbed her it).

Reading: Nothing right now. Searching for something to read....Considering re-reading Harry Potter since it's been a good 2 years since I last read them all. Or maybe something else....so many choices...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 06, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »
Finishing up World's End: Age of Misrule 1 for the review blog. Then The Strain. Then 18 million other novels requested of us. Its good stuff. Loving it!
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #844 on: August 06, 2009, 10:28:21 PM »
Really interested in what you think about both of those, BSG, as I have both of them on my TBR pile.  Will have to keep my eyes on the blog.  :D
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 07, 2009, 03:16:15 AM »
Yeah i meant Kheldar...he's humorous especially the fact that he acts like love is a curse when he loves the queen
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #846 on: August 07, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »
Yeah i meant Kheldar...he's humorous especially the fact that he acts like love is a curse when he loves the queen
Umm... yes. It is extremely peculiar that someone who would likely get killed if he revealed who he loved thinks that love is a curse. ;)
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #847 on: August 07, 2009, 11:10:40 PM »
Kaz--He acts like that BECAUSE he loves the queen. Have you read the Mallorean? Because that one gets even better in regards to Silk and love...

And I still can't find anything to read. I have a list of books I want to read, but...I was just reading excerpts and summaries for them online, and none of them are catching my eye....Have you ever had that happen? It's frustrating the heck out of me. I'm going on a 14-hour drive tomorrow and I need a book (preferably two...or three) for it.... :-\
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 07, 2009, 11:36:49 PM »
I was under the impression that he fell in love with her long before she became queen...and he thought marriage as a whole was terribad just like having obligations

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 08, 2009, 05:23:39 PM »
And I still can't find anything to read. I have a list of books I want to read, but...I was just reading excerpts and summaries for them online, and none of them are catching my eye....Have you ever had that happen? It's frustrating the heck out of me. I'm going on a 14-hour drive tomorrow and I need a book (preferably two...or three) for it.... :-\

There's a thread ErikHolmes started, saying he was out of things to read. Have you looked at that? It has a lot of good suggestions.

I'm reading In Ashes Lie by Marie Brennan, but I'm finding it a little hard to get into.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #850 on: August 09, 2009, 05:15:27 AM »
Yeah I saw that (just now, but...yeah). I'm normally a huge fan of fantasy, but apparently I wasn't in the mood. My dad reminded me of a different series I've been meaning to read--The Great and the Terrible by Chris Stewart. So yes. That's what I'm reading now.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 09, 2009, 05:31:34 AM »
I almost burnt Game of Thrones today....it's far to realistic you love some characters and rail at the others and the ones you love get the short end of the stick... this all lead to me putting the book down and seriously considering torching it!

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #852 on: August 09, 2009, 05:48:28 AM »
Heh. The only book I've considering torching is Twilight. But as much as I believe she should never have written the book, I just can't convince myself it's not literature enough to burn it....

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #853 on: August 09, 2009, 06:12:04 AM »
Evidentally it only gets worse. I read the jacket covers of the next ones and when I found out that he kills some imporatn people I reconsidered reading the rest.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 10, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »
Just finished To Kill a Mockingbird. I'd seen the movie before but never read the book . . . it was pretty up there. I didn't remember some of the key plot changes, either, so that was fun. Very good.

I'll be starting either The Promise or My Name Is Asher Lev next. Not sure which yet.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.