Author Topic: What are you reading, part 3  (Read 311169 times)

hoid354

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What are you reading, part 3
« Reply #435 on: December 27, 2008, 06:42:54 AM »
Cool! I already read the whole series  :). I'm currently reading The Eye of the World, partly because Jordan chose Sanderson to finish the series. I liked the first book in the Codex Alera series, and I want to read Academ's Fury (it's the next book, right?), but i got Shogun, Watership Down and To Kill a Mockingbird for Christmas, so it will be a while before i'll go to the bookstore again  ;D.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #436 on: December 27, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »
I got two (exceptional) Thai cookbooks for Christmas... and 4 volumes of the user manual for my new digital camera...

I'll probably spend much of tomorrow reading the camera's manual stuffs.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #437 on: December 27, 2008, 09:10:47 PM »
I got two (exceptional) Thai cookbooks for Christmas... and 4 volumes of the user manual for my new digital camera...

I'll probably spend much of tomorrow reading the camera's manual stuffs.

Mmmmm, I LOVE Thai food.  :)

Surprisingly I didn't get any books this year, will have to remedy that next year.  :D

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 28, 2008, 02:11:50 AM »
I'm currently reading The Eye of the World, partly because Jordan chose Sanderson to finish the series.

I really hate to quibble, but actually Jordan never met Sanderson. It believe it was his wife that choose Sanderson to take up the mantle.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #439 on: December 28, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »
I also love Thai food.  My collection of Thai cookbooks now numbers at around 7 or so...

Mmmmm, I LOVE Thai food.  :)

Surprisingly I didn't get any books this year, will have to remedy that next year.  :D
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #440 on: December 28, 2008, 05:44:38 PM »
I'm going to have to bug my dad to make some Chicken Satay with spicy peanut sauce sometime soon. Haven't had that in awhile and it is too delicious.  :)

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 28, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
I'm currently reading The Eye of the World, partly because Jordan chose Sanderson to finish the series.

I really hate to quibble, but actually Jordan never met Sanderson. It believe it was his wife that choose Sanderson to take up the mantle.
okay, well, you get my point, he's still finishing the series

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #442 on: December 29, 2008, 01:46:03 AM »
The only time I ever tried to make Satay was when it was dark and it was an undercooked failure (the sauce we made wasn't good, either, probably because of a bad recipe).  I'll have to try to make it again some time, though I really don't do much grilling—I prefer to work over a wok or pot.

I'm going to have to bug my dad to make some Chicken Satay with spicy peanut sauce sometime soon. Haven't had that in awhile and it is too delicious.  :)

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #443 on: December 29, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
I'm reading the First Annual Collection of "Year's Best Fantasy" Short stories.  In the past I haven't read much in the way of short stories, but I've got to say, I've enjoyed quite a few of these and I'm thinking it is a good way to learn about other authors without buying too many books :)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 29, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »
I think I'm going to have to look into that there Gloria. Sounds like my kind of thing.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

kevinpii

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 29, 2008, 06:09:08 PM »
i just finished dune messiah and am currently reading renegade by ted dekker.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 30, 2008, 07:51:28 PM »
I'm reading MB #1, Inkdeath, breaking Dawn and Tales of Beetle the Bard. I'm more focused on Breaking Dawn because that's a fast book to read. I can read like 100 pages an hour.

Bastille
Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 01, 2009, 07:57:28 PM »
I just finished Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton, and it was great. Now I'm reading Blood and Iron by Elizabeth Bear, which is good so far, but I'm not sure how it's going to go.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

flex

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 01, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »
I just finished Hero of Ages and I must admit that I was a little disappointed. It was slow and drawn out in my opinion, but admittedly I did have very high hopes for this book, perhaps to high. I'm now onto The Magician: The secretes of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, By Michael Scott. It is a young adult book but when I read the alchemist(first in series) I found it engaging so I hope this one wont disappoint.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 02, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
First of all I want to say that I loved the Misborn trilogy. You are entitled to your opinion and thats cool that you share it.

Second, What books are you talking about. an Immortal named Nicholas Flemel sound eerily similar to Harry Potter. Also having the other book named the Alchemist makes it too close to ignore.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"