Author Topic: James Bond  (Read 5043 times)

trekgirl07

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ~!~ Supergirl ~!~
    • View Profile
Re: James Bond
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2003, 07:53:33 PM »
 :( I haven't seen Die Another Day yet...  But I want to soooooo bad!!  Everyone said it was so cool, but my dad hasn't taken me to see it yet.   :-/
Can anyone tell me if there are any "bad parts"??  Like stuff that would be inappropiate for a 14-year-old?  lol

But....  I love Madonna's song that goes with the movie!!!!  Die Another Day   ;D
"Your time will come. You will face the same evil...and you will defeat it." -Arwen

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2003, 07:59:47 PM »
The bed scene with Jinx was longer than it needed to be, but was mainly implication and not very graphic. Bond also sleeps with the other girl, but I don't remember them even showing it at all.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2003, 08:15:36 PM »
All Bond's enemies would have to do to kill this guy is to invent some virulent strain of super-herpes.  This guy's had more one-nighters than Bill Clinton.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2003, 10:25:37 PM »
There was an SNL sketch a few years back that covered just that...
"Mr. Bond, it turns out you have every STD known to medical science...and a few our lab are still trying to figure out."

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2003, 12:52:56 PM »
Ah the downside to being a secert agent.  A life expectany cut short by the very women who you seduce.   ;)
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2003, 01:33:18 PM »
I think that when MI6 first recruited Bond they injected him with a concoction that rendered him immune to all STDs.  

On a slightly related topic, how do you all feel that XXX stacks up to the James Bond films?  it was billed as being "totally different" from any other spy movie ever made, and yet to me it seemed like a rehash of half a dozen Bond films.  Any thoughts?
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2003, 02:00:20 PM »
It was sort of a rehash, but they made very little attempt at being a "spy" movie and threw themselves into the "action hero" movie. So while it wasn't a blatant ripoff of Bond, I certainly wouldn't call it totally different. Bourne Identity was much more creative, despite all the spy cliches they used.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."